ICE ICE POLO (ROBolop Design)

I’m back in business! The goal now is to complete the entire sub-box.

First off all, I sanded the aluminum parts, in which the cables run through, firmly, because I was going to polish them.

I did the solid bar first, because I would take longer than the rest.

First I sanded it with the machine, this with a 240.

After that, with a wet 600, then 800 – 1200, and I stopped with a 2000. When I completed all of these steps, it was 2 hours later.

To do this in a safe way, I screwed the ruler on a piece of wood. By doing this you exclude the possibility to burn your hands when holding the wood, and it’s almost impossible that your piece hits the brush.

You can also see that I taped the plank with tape. I do this always so my brush isn’t full with wood splinters, and so you can’t make any scratches.

DSC05727_resize_zps1dc97fd9.jpg

As for the little parts, I needed to come up with something.

And I found a simple way to fix this.

The piece on the right needed polishing, and on the left you can see how I screwed it.

DSC05737_resize_zps413f8e94.jpg

Off course I also needed to go through all the sanding steps, but this went pretty easy.

I placed this in my drill machine, and let it spin.

So I just had to place the sanding paper against it, and keep it wet.

DSC05742_resize_zps8dd8ef20.jpg

On the right you can see the sanded piece.

DSC05748_resize_zpse741fc1a.jpg

Then this had to get polished too, so I clammed a pliers on it.

DSC05752_resize_zpsee7f1ea2.jpg

So you can hold the little piece against the brush in a safe way.

DSC05753_resize_zps10fcea92.jpg

On the left the result

DSC05762_resize_zps11c2ce7f.jpg

This was everything that needed to get polished for the subbox.

DSC05773_resize_zpsf05bf395.jpg

For those who want to polish something, be carefull with this! And don’t use a big brush.

If you have a descent motor (about 4hp), with a big brush, you have a fat chance that the piece will bite the brush pretty hard, and you’ll feel a big slap in your arms

sad-animated-animation-boy-smiley-emotic

I also added some LED lights in the box.

DSC05702_resize_zpsbe1d1373.jpg

I also mounted the self-adhesive mousse, so the box will be tightly closed.

DSC05716_resize_zpscf2023a1.jpg

Loving the install... just like your BMW. Cant wait to see the whole thing together. But, each little step along the way is like a tasty morsel to keep my attention. Love it. Again... We're not WORTHY!!!

Hopefully, I saw the work on the Bimma. I would not believe this one is just for yor wife's car, a simple install.

Congratulations. Fantastic work :)

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

• 2 weeks later...

The first piece of the polo-ice, is ready, the sub box. yihaa

DSC05842_resize_zps1444f5db.jpg

DSC05847_resize_zpsb63571da.jpg

DSC05848_resize_zps663aeb49.jpg

About the connections, I’m very pleased I’ve done it like this...

DSC05813_resize_zps795b2a1f.jpg

I thought everything will go much smoother by making this so, but you can forget it.

I had a huge amount of work trying to mount it all nicely, and getting it all aligned.

DSC05869_resize_zps6b5190b2.jpg

The O-rings are the finishing touch in my opinion.

DSC05810_resize_zps9581656f.jpg

The cables were the things I had the most amount of work on. These need to be placed in the same line, and then again, have the same curve. To do this I made a couple of cardboard molds and checked for over 500 times if everything was correct.

This was something people would have a comment on like “cool, but the cables are not all the same, and offcourse, I want to prevent that to happen in any way

I spread the 4 connections over 3 days. I mean, when you checked something about 300, you make yourself crazy, and you don't see little errors anymore.

The day after, you immediately see something appear, and the day after that you can make it for 100% perfect.

You can judge yourself, but the picture doesn't give a perfect image, cause it wasn't possible with my camera to put they all in one row.

DSC05850_resize_zpsef7ede1c.jpg

When you look at the connection in the front, it seems like this is morde round than the other one, but that's not true.

I'm pleased how it looks now, but I've put a lot of work in this little box.

I added some lights too, and it sure looks nice (if I may say so myself), but I'm going to wait some more before posting this

The subs are hooked on, and the next thing I'm going to do is to mount the box in the polo.

The amplifier is going to be hooked on when it's mounted in the car. It will be much easier to work on.

Up to the next..

Not needed here

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Let me be the first to say, since noone else has, you don't in any way shape or form EVER EVER EVER need to justify yourself to us! You're by far the best at the "details" in car audio, and there is no way justification is ever needed!

You sir, are an absolute craftsman, and a genius! I love your work! Thank you for sharing it with us!

That is all!

:droolcup:

Let me be the first to say, since noone else has, you don't in any way shape or form EVER EVER EVER need to justify yourself to us! You're by far the best at the "details" in car audio, and there is no way justification is ever needed!

You sir, are an absolute craftsman, and a genius! I love your work! Thank you for sharing it with us!

That is all!

:droolcup:

Very well said!

Tuned in, feeling unworthy.

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee LimitedHU: Pioneer Premier DEH-P790btFront doors: JBL Gt series 6x9'sRear doors: StockSub Amp: DC Audio 3.5K Subs: 2 DC Audio lvl 4 12's with XL uprades and carbon fiber capsAlternator: Mechman 240

Wire: Wirez 1/0 awg OFC amp wire kit

dcid5_zps46f1f305.jpg

Fantastic work as always! :good:

Your termination method for the speaker/sub wires is nothing short of stunning.

Makes me kick myself that I didn't invest more time into something like this for my box...

How about some more details on the polishing wheel, please?

I tried to polish an aluminum bar that I bought and it was a disaster.... :(

The pad either instantly shredded or melted to the bar and left a nasty mess.

Or the polishing compound that I used would spray EVERYWHERE as soon as I spun the polishing pad/wheel.

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Archived