Second Skin Audio

Best sub-100$ 15 inch subwoofer?

Natsuru

I'm looking for a pair of relatively cheap 15 inch subwoofers

I current have a pair of Boss Chaos 15"s, which are deplorable, and I do feel bad for buying them

They sound pretty good, they haven't burst into flames yet, but I feel like there MUST be some other subwoofer out there that can offer me much better performance

I'm currently using a Rockford Fosgate Punch 55.2 amplifier, and it can put out about 150-200 watts on a good day, but I plan on upgrading this soon

I can hit roughly 115-120db with my current setup, but i'm really hoping to upgrade to something a bit less ghetto

So, do you guys know of any cheapish subwoofers that offer better performance than my current subs?

My new amp will probably be a Power Acoustik BAMF 1250.2, which puts out around 500W rms, I can't go any higher due to stock electrical on the Jetta, which won't be fixed until I buy a new alternator... eventually

I'm current considering either the Hifonic Brutus 15", which is about 75$ on ebay, as well as the Kicker Comp VR, which is about 120$ on ebay

Both subwoofers have great reviews, unfortunately I don't know which is better, or if either of them are even the best in the price range

I don't know if it's relevant, but the enclosure is a cheap prefab vented enclosure tuned to 35hz, barely fits in the car, but hey, it works

Cliff notes version: Need cheap 15" subs to destroy Boss Audio Chaos 15"s

2005 VW Jetta TDIStock headunit(2) Sundown Audio E-15s @ 35hzPower Acoustik BAMF 1250.2 (will be replaced with Cadence mono)GTMat 50mil Sound Dampener

http://natsurutech.blogspot.com/

I suggest these, Sundown E-15 and the SSA DCON 15... There is also the Skar IVX-15, but don't buy Skar. Plus, with these, you don't have to upgrade ur amp too much, and you won't need to really touch your electrical. I suggest you run some 4 ga though. Also, either of these subs will most likley destroy any of the ones you listed... Assuming the subs like the box. If you can manage to do your own box, or have one custom built, some time down the line, that would be preferable. I feel like there is another sub I am missing, but thats what I have for now haha. Hope this helps.

i had a obsidian audio 15" dual 4 its 1200w max a little underated if you ask me and that thing pounded had it in a 3cf box tuned to 35hz and that thing killed my buddys 4 12" boss subs in his silverado

Current system:Front stage: Alpine type s 6.5No rear:Alpine type s 6.5headunit: alpineAmp: Jbl bp600.1

Sub: Alpine type x 12

dont know much about them. Found a "FLUX" Capacitor on ebay. If I add this to my system, can I really travel into the future? And how far into the future? That probably all depends on how I ground it though, right?

Dude dont even waste your money on capacitors get a second car battery preferably a kinetik or stinger or any other car audio battery use the battery that is correct for your systems true rms wattage do some research on the net for this. Go to kinetiks website they explain how to pick a battery from thier site that fits your system. :shrug:

Yup, nothing wrong with skar.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Don't buy the PA amp first off.

Sundown E15, SSA DCON, Skar IVX 15' should do well, which ever you decide on, though the Obsidian would be worth saving up for.

The CVR 15' is alright, but it's not as well built as the above I mentioned, and they like big boxes

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Any of the above subs listed are better than hifonics or kicker IMO. Also, nothing wrong with skar, I love my VVX. The obsidian is more for lows, I say either sundown E series or the Skar IVX since neither will break the bank and you may not get te lows of an obsidian, but they'll sound good in the right box.

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

Archived