My car rubs when I have passangers in the back + system. HELP

Depending on the type of vehicle you have, you can get overload springs and heavy duty shocks. Buy ones to accommodate the weight of your install. This will restore the ride height to factory. Personally, I do not like air ride since the parts tend to wear out more rapidly than the metal of coil or leaf springs; hence, I removed my factory air ride and went with an overload coil and heavy duty shock on my marquis. Stiffer ride unloaded, rides perfect with my modest system and retains the height with passengers.

Car is a 2005 Acura TSX

Have you looked into getting your fenders rolled? When I had my 07 accord I had two spacers on each rear side and had a lot of weight in the trunk cause of my system and I was able to get it to a good height to where it didn't rub with 3 passengers in the back. I had my spacers from 2007-2011 and never had any safty issues (since you said they weren't safe). When I got my 22s is when my car started rubbing bad and then I got my fenders rolled and it helped.

Have you looked into getting your fenders rolled? When I had my 07 accord I had two spacers on each rear side and had a lot of weight in the trunk cause of my system and I was able to get it to a good height to where it didn't rub with 3 passengers in the back. I had my spacers from 2007-2011 and never had any safty issues (since you said they weren't safe). When I got my 22s is when my car started rubbing bad and then I got my fenders rolled and it helped.

Yes, I have though about this a lot. Found a place that does it for 150.00. I'm not sure if I should take a risk and pay the 150 and still have the rubbing issue...

Should I just weld the stock spring/coils to stiffen it?

Yes, I have though about this a lot. Found a place that does it for 150.00. I'm not sure if I should take a risk and pay the 150 and still have the rubbing issue...

Should I just weld the stock spring/coils to stiffen it?

If you know the place will do a good job then I would get them rolled. Make sure they know what they are doing though because if they don't heat the paint up right then it can crack and that's not good. Do you happen to live in socal? because if you do then you can take it to the guy that i went to and he will do a good job and only charges $60 for the rears.

I don't know about welding the stock/coils but it doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

here is the guy that i went to :http://awdfitted.blogspot.com/

I didn't do mine myself cause I didn't wanna risk messing it up and practicing on my car and for only $60 i could take it to someone that does this all the time and knows what they're doing. I know steve meade rolled his himself on his lexus and his came out great but everything he does comes out perfect lol.

Its rubbing because 20s and a sound system arent suppose to be in that car. With that being said what would you do if money wasnt an issue? Lift kit? Im curuious how you fix that . Stiffer springs i suggest. Rubbing only in the rear ? All the time? Turns ? Where exactly is it rubbing

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

Stiffer springs should help I think. Other than that, I don't know. 20s on cars is kinda ridiculous in my opinion. I think 17s are the biggest cars should have. But it's your choice. Find out exactly where the tires are coming into contact, if it's on the inside of your fenders then rolling them should help.

1999 Honda Civic- RIP

2003 Acura RSX Type-S

Archived