what kind of box to use

im in the process of buying two new 12s they are rated around 2krms each sub they will be the sundown Z v.3 with nightshade soft parts i wanted to know what kind of box should they be in i want ported but dont know exactly what to tune the port to they will be going in a 2003 Infiniti G35 sedan can anyone throw me some box suggestions i was thinking slot ported or even a 4th order for the 2 12'' subs they will be powered by a Fosgate T2500-BD thinking about getting another to strap them but i need new ideas for a box and how low to tune the port first. Thank u

If you haven't done many boxes before, stick with a simple slot ported box. Tune mid to low 30s depending on te parameters of your sub and music listening preference. A 4th order will require more space obviously since you've got sealed and ported sections. If you truly plan on throwing 5K in power(which is voltage was kept at 14.4 would be more like 6.5K) you're gonna need some serious electrical upgrades. Biggest alternator you can fit PLUS 2 or 3 batts and biggest batt under the hood possible.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

tune based on what you listen to or what you want it for. if you listen to a lot of rap and hip-hop tune somewhere areound 32-34hz , rock 35-38hz

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

before you even try a 4th other you need to check you measurements for the trunk. you have build the box to fit when wanting such a big box. from there you try to adjust the tuning as close as possible to what you are using the setup for.

if i had to take a guess i would say 2 12s in a 4th order will be to big to be completely in the trunk. the box might have to extend out meaning you might have to give up your back seat.

a simply ported box is gonna be between 4cuft and 7cuft before displacement. in a 4th order your gonna need the sealed porting around 2-3cuft after displacement and the port section between 4-5 cuft if i remember right.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

35hz is a pretty good daily tune. I'm tuned to 35 and can still play 26hz all the way up to the high 50s. Shoot for around 2-2.25cuft net per sub

35hz is a pretty good daily tune. I'm tuned to 35 and can still play 26hz all the way up to the high 50s. Shoot for around 2-2.25cuft net per sub

yeah but he is wanting a 4th order by the sounds of it. a slot ported box would give him way more options on design and tuning while saving a lot of room though.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

ok thanks, and btw i have 14.5 cubic ft of trunk space in total think ill tune at 34hz in a 4th order, but my bro who's going to to the build says i should try a blow through box and seal off from trunk since im using 2 12'' sundown Z v.3 with nightshade parts and a RF T-2500BD amp @ 1ohm

ok thanks, and btw i have 14.5 cubic ft of trunk space in total think ill tune at 34hz in a 4th order, but my bro who's going to to the build says i should try a blow through box and seal off from trunk since im using 2 12'' sundown Z v.3 with nightshade parts and a RF T-2500BD amp @ 1ohm

You DON'T have 14.5 cubic feet of useable trunk space. You likely have 1/3 that for a box(in squared off dimensions). To reply on your choice of power, that's still a bit much for a stock alternator. A couple of batteries would be needed along with(once again) the biggest battery under the hood. I believe the term you're looking for is just a forward firing box that is sealed off, NOT a blowthrough. That term is designated for a truck bed build where the box blows through into the cab.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

i know i don't have 14.5 total to use lol im just saying and i already know im thinking about placing a order with mechman for a 340A alt and i'll use 1 D5100 and 2 D3100 in the trunk in the spare tire area but me and my bro was just thinking of ideas he wants to try to build a blow through in the trunk and seal it off firing into car so i told him why not try it, it's something new for a sedan especially a G35

You DON'T have 14.5 cubic feet of useable trunk space. You likely have 1/3 that for a box(in squared off dimensions). To reply on your choice of power, that's still a bit much for a stock alternator. A couple of batteries would be needed along with(once again) the biggest battery under the hood. I believe the term you're looking for is just a forward firing box that is sealed off, NOT a blowthrough. That term is designated for a truck bed build where the box blows through into the cab.

Archived