Sonic Electronix

$3000 budget on 4wd, suggestions?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/3374159906.html

Found this, I'm from wisconsin so I don't know the Cali area at all, but if this isn't too far from you it might be something u might like :)

needbasssig.gif
My Build Log

j84l.jpg

Heros get remembered, but legends never die.

Don't get domestic with that budget , cuz you'll have to double that budget for repairs/maintenance if you go American

This is very incorrect.

98' dodge ram

140A alt

Big 3

XS D2700

JVC kd-r310

Rockford T500-1BDCP

2 Sundown E12 Ported 4cubes 35hz

Rockford P400-4

2 Infinity reference 3way 6x9

2 Polk DB 5 1/4

2x layer dynamat all doors

Depends on the domestic vehicle ^ Cadillacs, Lincolns, and some Chrysler vehicles are expensive to fix. Ford, GM/Chevy, and Dodge vehicles are much cheaper to fix.

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

What about a GMT 400 Tahoe or Suburban? 5.7 350's, Turbo 350 transmissions or 700R4/4L60E. Big and dependable. I see them around here at 200k+ all the time and still driving..

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

XJ or ZJ. You can get a v8 in the ZJ. XJ you only get the 4.0 i6. XJ is probably cheaper and aftermarket parts are a bit cheaper than for a ZJ but you get less creature comforts in the XJ.

I have a 4.0 ZJ so I may be biased but Jeep FTW. Expect to spend some money on repairs and maintenance though but 4x4 = more maintenance regardless (transfer case differentials etc).

78-79 Bronco. Solid axle high pinion dana 44 up front which is what all the Jeep fags beat off to for their wranglers/cherokees. Plus you've got that sexy 351/400 V8. Manual transmission is even better since they are built like a brick shithouse. Very cheap truck to fix. The most expensive part on it is the motor/trans and mine have well over 300k on them and keep on ticking. If you aren't happy with the rear axle, a Dana 60/ 14 bolt can be had for a reasonable price, but the 9 inch is nothing to sneer at.

Just my .02. I waited about a year looking for a good deal on my 79 before I pulled the trigger. They are one of the best/sexiest/easiest to mess with 4wd vehicles out there.

Oh yeah, and did I mention it's a brick shithouse?

Source: Parrot Asteroid Smart

Processor: Digital Designs X1

Amps: Soundstream Ref 4.920 + Soundstream Ref 4.400 + Soundstream DTR 3400

Front stage: Hertz 165xl + HL 70 + HT28

Rear fill: Hertz 165xl

Subs: 2 SA-12's

3-way active ftw

Archived