Got my Ipad Mini - (Size Compared to Ipad3, Iphone 5 pics inside)

Just went to best buy and picked up a 32gb mini. I had a 16gb pre ordered that I just cancelled. Pretty stupid that pre orders dont ship before they are released in the store.

I can say that mine is going in my center console. I love the size. I can use it like a giant phone. Can hold it in one hand and am able to type with my thumbs just like using my iphone. Screen resolution seems just fine also. I am about to put a movie on it to see how it does.

Best buy is a freaking joke when it comes to pre-ordering...I "pre-ordered" my iPhone 4S through them and when I showed up to get my phone on launch day they said "oh sorry, your phone won't be here for 2 weeks or so".

Anyway...hope you like it Steve...I would like to eventually get one for a build but will probably wait till next year and hope they add a retina display.

Ha I pre ordered it directly from Apple.

i like the looks of the ipad mini. i like the side bezels being much smaller, i like the black anodization, i like the ios simplicity.

I really miss widgets when i pick up an ios device, but find i dont use them on my android devices due to battery issues which for the most part IOS devices do not have.

• 2 weeks later...

Pre ordered my iPad mini 16gb Verizon, should be here the 16th through 21st.

The resolution on it blows compared to my iPad 3.

Remember the iPad mini is NOT retina, so it is pretty bad compared to the screens out there.

However it does have a nice PPI of 163 or something like that. In a 7.9" screen, so it's not too bad.

But don't expect for the text to be as crisp as an iPad 3 or iPad 4.

I'll return here and give somewhat of a full review over my cellular version when I get it.

The performance should be very good though. Since screen resolution has a lot to do with performance.

I just returned my iPod 5th gen as the screen is too small, and I need a cellular version. (don't have a smart phone)

Now the iPod touch 5th gen does have a retina display. At 326 PPI, it blows the iPad mini out of the water.

Talking more on performance, the iPod and iPad mini both sport an A5 chip. They both have the same resolution, just the iPod is 16:9 screen ratio and the iPad mini is 4:3 (the same ratio as the iPad 3 and 4)

Just keep in mind the iPad 3 and iPad 4 have 2048x1536 screen resolutions at 264 PPI.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

10bd2f7c0d059da6f612fa3f208532d2.jpg

sorry had to lol

Weight.

Price.

Mobility.

Cheaper cellular version and still uses the iPad iOS.

Fits inside your business jacket.

To compete with other inferior tablet makers, such as kindle HD.

After using the iPod touch 5th gen, and having an iPad 3 it became obvious that the iPod touch was too small for comfortable usage, and that the iPad 3 is too big for most of my hobbies.

I bought the ipad mini for the cheap cellular reason. It's only $500.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Ok the mini doesnt have the retina display, but the display isnt terrible like some of you say. I use my mini way more than I ever used my big ipad. Much easier to hold, to me it is just more comfortable. Oh and I am sure the next version will probably have the retina display.

Ok the mini doesnt have the retina display, but the display isnt terrible like some of you say. I use my mini way more than I ever used my big ipad. Much easier to hold, to me it is just more comfortable. Oh and I am sure the next version will probably have the retina display.

Next version will in 6 months sources say.

I didn't say the display was bad so to speak. But it's only a little better than a iPad 2. However it does sport a smaller screen, 7.9".

Like I said, mine is in the mail, but for now, it's just a common mid level PPI IPS panel.

Remember the resolution is only 1024x768 at 4:3.

The same resolution as CRT monitors had 12 years ago. So it's not THAT good. Don't be fooled.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop