Sundown Audio

need some opinions on a NEW 6 channel

Fatman489

If I could buy ANY 6 channel right now.. it would be Zed's amp.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Yea bronco seems the zed is is going to do exactly what I need/want so I'm purdy sure that's what I'm gonna go with ... I was just a tad skeptical because the way it looks ... It looks purdy badass IMO and most the time the things in audio that looks cool as hell leave a lot to be desired in performance lol ... But seems everyone likes them aside from cost but cost doesn't really bother me if I get the results I'm after lol I will probably redo my front stage at some point driver wise but the zed is probably going to be the power source :)

I wouldn´t do for a active frontsystem a class D amp, class D never sound´s like a quality class A/B amp. They never that warm, them thin and if them bad hollow, on the

point yes, but for active go class AB.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Well if you can recommend a 6 ch that meets my needs in a class a I'm all ears , but I won't be competing or anything its just for my pleasure and I've ran comps off class d before and was pleased ... But I'm not ruling anything out just has to be a 6 channel with 2 high pass channels 2 low pass channels and 2 channels that have a high and low cutoff

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

2013 Kenworth T-660 Studio Sleeper-The daily and Money maker

I do what I want -push it till it pops!

Yea bronco seems the zed is is going to do exactly what I need/want so I'm purdy sure that's what I'm gonna go with ... I was just a tad skeptical because the way it looks ... It looks purdy badass IMO and most the time the things in audio that looks cool as hell leave a lot to be desired in performance lol ... But seems everyone likes them aside from cost but cost doesn't really bother me if I get the results I'm after lol I will probably redo my front stage at some point driver wise but the zed is probably going to be the power source :)

I wouldn´t do for a active frontsystem a class D amp, class D never sound´s like a quality class A/B amp. They never that warm, them thin and if them bad hollow, on the

point yes, but for active go class AB.

you sure about that??????

2010 meca Sound Quality world champ from cali all class d amps

sounded better than ALL the "quality class a/b amp nice and warm and of course full active

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Holy shit guys ... This damn zed must be purdy badass for almost everyone to post likes it lol .. I take it the cross overs are purdy good and it actually does rated then ? ... If that's out of the way I gotta decide between a crescendo 2k or an aq 2200d and then decide on a sub or subs .. 6 channel question was easy haha

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

Crescendo and AQ are both good companies. And I'm sure that ZED will put out rated, maybe a little more!

Zed specs:

• Rated power is 150 watts x 6 into 4 ohm or 300w x 6 into 2 ohm.
  • Bridged power is 300w x 3 into 8 ohm or 600w x 3 into 4 ohm.
  • The 3 pairs of channels are independently bridgeable. Two, four or six input configuration.
  • Channels 1+2 feature a 24dB per octave Linkwitz Riley High crossover.
  • Channels 1+2 can run in FLAT mode (Pre-amplifiers completely bypassed), High Pass or Low Pass from channels 5+6.
  • Channels 3+4 feature 24dB per octave Linkwitz Riley High and Low Pass crossovers.
  • Channels 3+4 can run in FLAT mode (Pre-amplifiers completely bypassed), High Pass, Low Pass or Bandpass or Low Pass from channels 5+6. .
  • Channels 5+6 feature feature 24dB per octave Linkwitz Riley High and Low Pass crossovers.
  • Channels 5+6 can run in FLAT mode (Pre-amplifiers completely bypassed), High Pass, Low Pass or Bandpass.
  • The High Pass crossover doubles as a subsonic filter as it is able to respond down to 10Hz.

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

O yea I've done some research on both aq and crescendo .. I just can't find real world efficiency and current draw on them , my electrical in the hatch is pretty basic and I don't want to tax it too much .. mechman 240a , knuconcepts 1/0 ( the better wire they sell ) currently 1 xs d5100r ( stock battery died so I went ahead and got xs replacement lol ) and plan atleast 2 more d5100s maybe 2 3100s instead ... Just want to make sure my electrical can keep up ya know

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

Archived