What are negative effects of high SPL on the body?

Kind of common sense here but don't turn it up with a baby in the car. I read something about it being possible that their lungs could collapse. No idea how loud, what note, size of child, or anything (lots of variables). Only a dumbass would go full tilt with an infant in the car anyways.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Also you are far more likely to get injured while building your system than listening to it. Almost guaranteed a few cuts.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

A little 8 isn't going to mess up a hard drive. I have a 10 in my room on a shelf with a cablebox/dvr, ps2 fat with a 40gb ide, and a laptop that are always there when it is playing. My PC is on the opposite wall, and it is nearly always on. Not a single hard drive problem with any of them. Most luxury cars with premium stereos have hard drives built in them for the GPS and music storage, and a vehicle is more violent on components that a single sub.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

High decibel levels will affect hearing only when expose for certain amount of time and it varies depend on SPL. Also, low frequencies are more tolerable because they need to be much louder for our ears to hear them.

For sound to cause physical damage, there needs to be sufficient energy...A richter five earthquake can make over 220 db below 20hz.

I'd tell your roommate that bass therapy is a medical practice ^_^ .

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

High decibel levels will affect hearing only when expose for certain amount of time and it varies depend on SPL. Also, low frequencies are more tolerable because they need to be much louder for our ears to hear them.

For sound to cause physical damage, there needs to be sufficient energy...A richter five earthquake can make over 220 db below 20hz.

I'd tell your roommate that bass therapy is a medical practice ^_^ .

Agreed, I have been with out bass for about 2 months now and with out it I feel more stressed and my body aches more. My back well its just always tense and hurting, felt much better after a short drive down the road with my system going full tilt. Had 2 RF t2 12 running of a RF t1500.1bdcp peaking at 143db at 46hz on a termlab and I found it to be more of a stress releive and back pain releiver more then anything

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

high spl seems to always hurt the wallet :(

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

Supposedly bass can cause hypertension, but like alaskanzx5 just said - I feel more stressed without it.

In short, he is a bit off of his rocker. All bass (or any noise) is- is vibration. If it is audible or not is the issue. Ask him if his car moves or his seat vibrates when he is going down the road. Same difference- he just has his head all bent out of shape because it is BASS. Frequency is the key. What about when pregnant women get ultrasounds or when bats use sound to know where to fly. Those are high frequencies.... big difference in frequency, but it is the same principal.

....plus he is a baby.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Good stuff haha. I'll tell him later and let you guys know what he says. He was saying that it's physics and I was like, "Dude, I've been into car audio for almost 4 years and I haven't heard of anyone having some sort of issue like that" and he says, "Well I've been doing physics for my whole life" and he was telling me something about the principle about the way water refracts in water and apparently the sound waves do the same thing inside your body and it separates organs haha.

This isn't the only thing he argues about just as an FYI; He is the worlds biggest pessimist and is right/better than you at most everything. LOL

E34 540iT/6

Archived