Bad sale, hoping I didn't get screwed...

Well, here's the cool story...guy posted an ad on the local Craigslist for a Macbook Pro for cheap, once I got talking to him, it turns out he posted in a completely different section of Craigslist (on accident) than he was from, which was the Pasadena, CA area...he asked if we wanted to try a sale on Paypal, and I said sure...got the required info, a few pictures of the laptop with his name and number on it, etc. and the deal was good. He got me a tracking #, and it wouldn't work at first, so I asked if he could check it for me and see if by some random chance he mistyped a number. The payment was sent Sunday night, was dropped off Monday, and out Tuesday...That last conversation was on Thursday...

I tried calling him today (Saturday) and it went straight to voice mail. No problem, he's probably at work...try again in a couple hours for the hell of it, and it says his phone has been disconnected, so I start looking around, tried dialing again, still same message. So I get suspicious, and try calling him with a blocked # (*67). It goes straight to voicemail. Try again without the block, still disconnected...tried from my father's cell, and it goes to voicemail. The Paypal it was sent to, I sent an e-mail to, as it's supposed to be his wife's account....still haven't gotten a reply yet. I'm giving it till Monday. If nothing comes in and no contact is made, I guess I have no choice but to file a dispute with Paypal.

I'm not really pissed off, but it sort of disappoints me. We had given all the necessary information to each other to ensure a valid sale, and it looked good until now. Maybe I'm just freaking out a bit too much, but with online sales it's always better to be safe than sorry, and the fact that 1. his tracking # is not in the USPS system anywhere, and 2. his # is disconnected from my phone only brings up suspicions.

I probably shouldn't have done a Paypal deal via Craigslist, but it seemed safer and the guy seemed legit, plus it was a hell of a deal on a Macbook Pro quad core... It may just be a couple days late, who knows...I'm not mad, I just want to know what's going on. If the tracking # was mistyped, no big deal, that's easy to do. If he found a local sale that was wanting to buy it for higher, no problem either, just need to know so I can start a refund. But if you're gonna take my money and run, that's just the cheating man's way of making a living, and it's a sad sad thing at that. I'll keep you guys updated. Not looking for revenge or to make his life hell, I just want to know where my f***ing Macbook is...

POTATO!

Pasadena isn't too far from where I'm at. Hope all turns out well for you man.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

at least you paid with paypal. you sent it as payment for merchandise, and not as a gift, correct? if you sent it as a gift and the deal went south you're fucked.

if its just a case of him fucking you over, paypal in my experiences has been pretty good about getting your money back to you. it may take a bit of time when your money is tied up and you dont have the macbook you wanted, but at least you should get it back eventually.

good luck dawg.

also, is the ad still up?

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

start the dispute with paypal already, so the funds get frozen instantly.

if you get the macbook you will just update paypal about it, and they´ll give him the money with no harm done.

it seems too suspicious already.

hopefully you didn´t gift the money as previously stated.

good luck

smdban.jpg

audio related merchandise (decals,banners,lanyards,hats,shirt,etc)

report his number to the authorities local to him

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Sorry to hear this man but ya most likely a scam. Imma post the same link I posted in another thread earlier where the guy was asking about sending money through paypal and getting an item shipped.

Under the "avoid frauds and scams" section it sais not to give out paypal info and to avoid deals involving shipping. Also in highlighted yellow it sais: DEAL LOCALLY WITH FOLKS YOU CAN MEET IN PERSON - follow this one rule and avoid 99% of scam attempts.

http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams

Yeah, I know I shouldn't have done it being a cross-country deal, but it was worth a shot. Yes, it was paid via merchandise and not a gift. I sent an e-mail to his wife's Paypal (the one he had me send the money to) and she said it was shipped and was going to get me some more info on it...so that's a bit reassuring. I'm probably just worrying over nothing, the Postal Service is halfway useless anyways. They have to send packages past me about 50 miles east to the sorting center there before sending it back...sort of dumb if you ask me. But I'll definitely keep you all updated.

POTATO!

Archived