Second Skin Audio

my girl is wanting a bandpass for 4 10s in the trunk = possible???

AllanLuberda

i find it hard to believe your girl wants a bandpass. I personally think a bandpass is a waste of money if you dont have time to play iwth it and rebuild it etc. Chances are you'll never get right the first time.

Couldn't have said it better myself

i find it hard to believe your girl wants a bandpass. I personally think a bandpass is a waste of money if you dont have time to play iwth it and rebuild it etc. Chances are you'll never get right the first time.

lol why do you find it hard to believe? she does after going too a bass comp near us here.

Well i wouldnt dare to try too design it myself i dont know much on designing bandpasses, but i was gunna have a designer off the forums design it.

When it comes too building it i have over 10 years in box building skills on the side, and i also am a carpenter.

Funny, my wife has been competing for about 5 years now. Owns a 150+db truck, and still doesn't know what type of box is in her truck, nor does she care.

And, if you have 10 years at box building, you don't need any ones help designing any kind of box.

Oh, and pix of said GF :ninja:

it's obviously a sealed box with holes in it bill

No she only calls it the one that is louder then most of the boys. ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Couldn't have said it better myself

lol why do you find it hard to believe? she does after going too a bass comp near us here.

Well i wouldnt dare to try too design it myself i dont know much on designing bandpasses, but i was gunna have a designer off the forums design it.

When it comes too building it i have over 10 years in box building skills on the side, and i also am a carpenter.

Funny, my wife has been competing for about 5 years now. Owns a 150+db truck, and still doesn't know what type of box is in her truck, nor does she care.

And, if you have 10 years at box building, you don't need any ones help designing any kind of box.

Oh, and pix of said GF :ninja:

lol like i said 10 years building, not designing...:-P

so what im asking guys is would bandpass be more output with only 8.7 cubes?

shes wanting a very flat response from 33-45hz

I told her she might have to go with ported

i don't think it's her that wants a bandpass, it's you. i agree with nate also, if you don't have to time to play with it or the money to rebuild it, it's a waste. and roughly speaking, 1 cube sealed per 10 = 4 cubes, that then leaves you 4.7 for your ported. that's a 1:1.7 ratio and that's not including the volume the port takes up, or the box itself, so after everything is said and done, you can get 4 cubes sealed, but probably 2 cubes ported.

-_-

so to answer your question, no. you ratio will be way to small, the output will be worse than free air, and above all else, since it'd be so small on the ported end, you'd run the risk of blowing equipment, if my knowledge is correct

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Shell of box / baffle built by me

Port / sealing the box by John Hone

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/

price has no influence on how something sounds

I told him to move the fucking port.

they see me hoppin they stoppin they can't believe im so white and dirty

It looks like you got so drunk, that someone came up and stole your leg.

Is ported really not an option? I don't see the problem with ported unless she wants an incredibly flat response in which you could just do sealed and easily be able to fit 4 10's.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Is ported really not an option? I don't see the problem with ported unless she wants an incredibly flat response in which you could just do sealed and easily be able to fit 4 10's.

But, but, but Bandpass is all the rage right now. everyone wants to do it, yet they don't know why

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Archived