Choosing a extra battery.

You can easily google what Ah means..

Ah=AmpHour, which means how much hours a battery can last if you draw 1 amp from the battery.

So 70Ah= 70 hours if you draw 1 amp or 35hours if you draw 2 amps or 7 hours if you draw 10 amps and so on.

The higher the better, but a high Ah rating is only good if you want to use the stereo when the engine isn't turning.

For car audio you would want a low resistance battery with a high maximum continuous discharge current and a high maximum 30-sec discharge pulse current but not a lot of manufacterers put up this info.

So you'll find Ah and CA(= cranking amps) and sometimes RC (Reserve Capacity, is a battery industry rating, defining a battery's ability to power a vehicle with an inoperative alternator or fan belt. The rating is the number of minutes a battery at 80 degrees F can be discharged at 25 amps and maintain a voltage of 10.5 volts for a 12 volt battery. The higher the reserve rating, the longer your vehicle can operate should your alternator or fan belt fail.)

High CA and high RC= very good, a high Ah is only a bonus for car audio.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

soo in that case im gonna get a diehard platinum battery for the back on black friday and wanted suggestions on what extra battery i should get thanks

i have a diehard platinum up front group 35 with a 100.4 sundown and a rf 1500bdpc.

Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

Can you get anything from East Penn in Hawaii? Otherwise your choices are pretty restricted, but I know people getting loud on Walmart batteries so let your wallet choose, I suppose.

I'm gonna hate

Archived