Sonic Electronix

I have a 2002 mustang 5.4 swap and am planning on doing a back seat delete (amp rack on bottom and sub box flush mounted and sealed in the trunk hole subs firing into cab) I've only got enough room for 10s and have a budget of around 110-175 per sub and am looking @ Skar Audio IVX 10s, SSA DCON 10s, Audioque 2.5s, Sundown E 10s, stuff that won't need a ton of power (ie less than 1500 watts) I'm running Audioque super tweets and mids sealed off in back under glass & Audioque components up front. I just want this to be a general discussion on what would be the best set of 10s for under/around 350 for pair

honestly, any of the ones you suggested IMO would be fine to run. There isn't one you mentioned that is leaps and bounds better than the rest.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

since your already running aq. just run some aq's 2.5's subs. or look at obsidian audio subs.

My build

98 s10 2.2

3 american bass HD 15s with psi soft parts. (on there way here)

atomic at-3000.1 (soon) 146.2 outlaw @39hz., bad alt an bad batt when termed (old 2 12" build)

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

new mids an highs, still debating on what to do.

A few Deka g31 batts.

What I'm wondering is if there is a difference in sound between the Skar IVX & Sundown E 10s (105 apiece shipped) or the DCON/AQ that are 145-160 apiece after shipping. I'm not looking to go crazy here just a good budget setup, in a few months I will probably upgrade to something bigger but for right now I just wanna stick with price

What I'm wondering is if there is a difference in sound between the Skar IVX & Sundown E 10s (105 apiece shipped) or the DCON/AQ that are 145-160 apiece after shipping. I'm not looking to go crazy here just a good budget setup, in a few months I will probably upgrade to something bigger but for right now I just wanna stick with price

Skars play lower with a low fs

And sundowns generally are more punchier but do much better on the tl

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

there is no best. there is also no comparison threads here.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived