Second Skin Audio

What is the technical term or name of this particular designed enclosure?

K.C.

So you built it but have no idea how it works or what it's called

Oh hexibase lol its probably going to suck. Dont worry it will be your fault if so

I would have mistaken you as a troll instead of a moderator/admin of this website. I didn't think I would see an admin type saying stupid shit in my thread. It's something I would have expected from a forum troll. Moderate what you say in my thread and grow up.

You obviously have no idea what a troll is, what sarcasm is, let alone proper performance of subwoofer enclosures. Why didn't you just ask the designer what the enclosure was called? I actually look forward to seeing how much you love the setup. Not even yours, lol.

Oh no, you're right I don't know what a troll is. And till this day I still can't properly identify sarcasm either. Silly ass punk.

Come to my house down to my dedicated Home Theater and tell me I know nothing about proper performance of subwoofer enclosure after you listen to my in floor custom built subwoofers. But you're such a fan boy and another know-it-all.

I'm not the one in contact with the subwoofer enclosure so that's why I didn't ask Einstein. Figured I come here and get some small pricked guys replying to my enquiry, not your dumb ass options or suggestions.

Bunch of retards here I swear.

Damn, he brought up the almighty w7, dude knows what he's talkin about fo sho

Bad spelling, grammer and no properly placed punctuations. This forum was truly a waste of my time. This idiot sealed the deal.

actually no. Im almost willing to bet there is a woofer up front in that car too. and the rear gets turned off for SQ. Ive seen the original versions of it. It was already a master level SQ car before. For the SPL portion of SQ if you top a 140 you achieve a full score. now you are talking about scott bulwalda as well. Here is a list of hours and people who helped.

Lead Designer, Installer, Vehicle Owner and Maintainer, and Project Financier: Scott Buwalda

Vested Project Time: Approximately 7,000 physical hours and 2,000+ hours in planning (and this number keeps growing!)

Vested Project Funding: Approximately $175,000.00 of personal funds

Lead Interior Fabricator: Dwayne Blackwood

Vested Project Time: Approximately 1,000 hours

Lead Hardware and Software Engineering: Clay Howard

Vested Project Time: Approximately 1,500 hours

Lead Digital Audio Interface Software Engineer and Lead Graphics Engineering: Kevin Lewis, JK Labs

Lead Audio Engineer: Jeremy Carlson, JK Labs

Vested Project Time: Approximately 1,500 hours (and this number is growing every day in 2010!)

Performance/Engine Building: Simon Drummond

Vested Project Time: Approximately 500 hours

Other Volunteer Project Assistants: In addition to the above noted volunteer supporters of the project, Scott Buwalda would like to also thank several individuals for their support of this iteration of the "Black Betty" project since its beginning in Summer 2007. Here they are in no particular order:

Dave Brooks

Russ Goggans

Jeff Scott

Chris Ott

Brian Kaywood

The above represents several hundred hours of additional labor, putting the project in its current trim well over an estimated 10,000 man-hours!

I dont see a pete luwicki on there do you? Just because of a supposed rumor on DIYMA about him designing for scott doesnt make it true.

SQ is all about imaging and producing an accurate soundstage. not being loud. Its a whole new game compared to anything you would see on the street today.

That is freaking unreal the time and money to compleat that is borderline insane to me. Just like me spending 2000 grand on my RC truck is to someone else just wanted to even the point out. They do keep these for a few years right? The one thing I wish people would start doing. If they are going to bad mouth someone trying to share their knowlage with them. Or personal experiences with them just shut up and listen. You learn more when you shut up the whinnying and say I don't get it. Learn to do that and you would learn more. Before anyone jumps my butt for that I have yet to argue on anything when it came to asking a question on here. I have had to relearn almost everything I knew cause of the things that have changed or someone with experiences in that area has shown a better way. I appologise it's just im tired of seeing people asking a question then they get good answers then they start acting like dicks cause they all of a sudden know more. Too many closed minded people anymore.

You didn't even know what enclosure you were looking at and believed that the HCCA requires 1" MDF. Come to your house? LOL, we get it. You don't know anything about audio, no need to get mad. But understand when you're talking out of your ass

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

if we're all a bunch of retards why did you come here to ask your question why not just look up different enclosure types and match it to the results???

There's not much on the web really. Do it yourself and you'll see. The typical subwoofer enclosures that are showcased on the internet on select websites are few and far between. Hence I came here to ask a car audio forum with a concentration in subwoofers and enclosures.

All I got was a bunch of retards vandalizing my thread. The only guys that actually tried to help was strangeduck, Namosh and BobbyG2. The rest just polluted this thread with dick measuring retorts.

I posted the exact same question in AVR forum and got a lot of productive discussion on what that type of enclosure is called and it's reason behind that design. All I get here is shit.

Archived