Skrilla Posted November 20, 2012 Author Report Posted November 20, 2012 I don't have a specific amp yet. I was going to pick an amp based off the comps I go with. I'll be using the stock crossovers. In my car, I'm running a single FI BL 15" running off a t1500-1bd. My goal is to be loud and clean. I don't really want to "keep up" with my sub, but be able to have more than enough for my sub. As far as mounting, I can pretty much do whatever. I can mount them all in the door, or midbass in the door and mids/tweets in pillars, or all mids in the door and tweets in pillar, etc. 2 HDC3 18's AQ2200D
Sonic Posted November 20, 2012 Report Posted November 20, 2012 Midbass - JL Audio ZR800-CW Midrange - Rockford Fosgate PPS4-6 Tweeter - Rockford Fosgate PP4-T
Watch the bass Posted November 20, 2012 Report Posted November 20, 2012 I don't have a specific amp yet. I was going to pick an amp based off the comps I go with. I'll be using the stock crossovers. In my car, I'm running a single FI BL 15" running off a t1500-1bd. My goal is to be loud and clean. I don't really want to "keep up" with my sub, but be able to have more than enough for my sub. As far as mounting, I can pretty much do whatever. I can mount them all in the door, or midbass in the door and mids/tweets in pillars, or all mids in the door and tweets in pillar, etc. On your side i would do 2 of the guessed RF comp set´s in the door + 1 for the rear. Your budget is not big enough to get a good/fine 3 way comp set. On the rear you dont need this much power. http://www.ebay.com/itm/261120445289?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 here is a nice offer, if you have time wait, everytime if the guy replace his auction the price went 5-10 bucks down. Idk how many the guy have of them. "in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley
BobbyG2 Posted November 20, 2012 Report Posted November 20, 2012 Just my $0.02. If I were to glass my doors/a-pillars and do a 3-way, with sound quality in mind, here's what I would do: Tweet: Dayton RS Silk dome You can get transdunced faceplates for them if space is an issue here. Mid: Dayton RS 2" Dome Mid Woofer: Dayton RS 8" Amp: REF 650.6 - Zapco 6-Channel Reference Series Car Amplifier One set of that three way wont be too terribly loud, but it shouldn't be too terribly overpowered by one BL. One total set (2 tweets, 2 mids, two 8" woofers) is $307.34 shipped. Two sets are $574.76 shipped. Two sets should have no problem keeping up with the BL. The amp is $419.99 shipped. Reason for the 6-channel amp is because I personally would run them active. It will allow you to custom tailor the sound to your own taste. I'd recommend getting an SMDCC-1. The Dayton Reference Series is designed to play very flat, and clear. They're meant to reproduce your music without coloration, and "true to the source". They will sound AMAZING. I'm going to build a similar set for my house when I'm done with my car. *New vehicle and system coming soon.*
tank03hoe Posted November 20, 2012 Report Posted November 20, 2012 are you doing both sets in the front or for front and rear? american bass 1100.1 2 hertz hdp4 m&h amps hertz xls audison voice mids and highs 4 fi hybrid subs 1 xs power g31 batt and 6 banks of maxwell caps big 3 mechman 270 singer 350 and another singer 300 amp alts 7 runs of 4/0 TEAM bass drop meca s4 2011 153.7 db at headrest 4 15s
AI James Posted November 20, 2012 Report Posted November 20, 2012 a single hi energy 3 way kit should have 0 problems being enough for a bl.... id definitely not recommend piecing together random drivers to someone who clearly doesn't know what they are looking for completely. And most people don't do comp sets in the rear Scott.
tank03hoe Posted November 20, 2012 Report Posted November 20, 2012 never know i dont know how much he does or doesent know american bass 1100.1 2 hertz hdp4 m&h amps hertz xls audison voice mids and highs 4 fi hybrid subs 1 xs power g31 batt and 6 banks of maxwell caps big 3 mechman 270 singer 350 and another singer 300 amp alts 7 runs of 4/0 TEAM bass drop meca s4 2011 153.7 db at headrest 4 15s
Skullz Posted November 20, 2012 Report Posted November 20, 2012 a single hi energy 3 way kit should have 0 problems being enough for a bl.... id definitely not recommend piecing together random drivers to someone who clearly doesn't know what they are looking for completely. And most people don't do comp sets in the rear Scott. Completely agree with not piecing together raw drivers for a first time active set-up, get a really nice set of 3 way comps to begin with using a passive crossover first then once you learn how placement of speakers works then you can try going active. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.