Old School First Gen US Amps Merlin 2000wrms MD3D Amp Guts

the_garynator

14.4v rating :( Oh well, the capacitor bank looks right on the mark for a solid 2K, I'm sure it's a great amp.

yeah, I read a review from a now defunct online car audio magazine or something (through google's cached page since the site was gone lol) back when I bought it and they clampped it at slightly over 2kw at 14.4...the ratings were basically dead on, not over rated, not under rated. I'll have to do some searching at some point later this week and see if I can find it again and post it here.

i see 2 bad capacitors the ones that are swollen have leak a lil by the looks of things otherwise i can't see much else wrong

ps i could be completely wrong from what i have read have a multimeter handy you will be checking resistances

i am captain obvious lately srry

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

i see 2 bad capacitors the ones that are swollen have leak a lil by the looks of things otherwise i can't see much else wrong

ps i could be completely wrong from what i have read have a multimeter handy you will be checking resistances

i am captain obvious lately srry

which picture? only the top 8 pictures are of my amp, and all 8 were taken prior to the buyer killing it.

• 3 months later...

there is nothing old school about that amp.... that is the RE take over version USAMPS... which is nothing like the real O/S power from the timely run of real USAMPS from the 90's to about 02 era.... OP might want to fix his title as its very misleading

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Archived