Second Skin Audio

level6 or sp4 box size bad idea?

MrEwubbsZ

If you don't wish to exhaust your useable airspace go with 15s. There is nothing special about 18s other than their intimidating size, they will obviously be louder on the same power, but use what you can fit.

EDIT: Well, that has been said enough times in this thread. I would go for the SP4s unless you have stupid power on tap to feed some level 6s, I would compare level 5s or XLs to SP4s realistically.

I'm gonna hate

go with 15

YOU CANT MAKE ME!!! :wacky:

lol im kidding I know im probably going to have to or wall it to get the 12 cubes but i was trying to make it so i can use my rear view mirror still.

Gotta keep thinking about it i guess....

You won't be able to use your rear view trust me.

& is that 10cubes net or gross

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

go with 15

YOU CANT MAKE ME!!! :wacky:

lol im kidding I know im probably going to have to or wall it to get the 12 cubes but i was trying to make it so i can use my rear view mirror still.

Gotta keep thinking about it i guess....

You won't be able to use your rear view trust me.

& is that 10cubes net or gross

its net and i would be about to if i was at 10 cubes. but im just going to have to do 15's

are 15's an option????

I guess they could be my last subs were 15's i wanted to give 18s a shot and see what they were like.

The sp4 is going to hate the small box.

Thats a bummer to hear... :(

The Sundown audio Z.V3 18" can work in 4 cubes each so would fit perfectly in the space you describe.

Archived