Twostrokeking Posted November 22, 2012 Report Posted November 22, 2012 As most of you know I am 16 and I LOVE bass. I have sat in a few loud vehicles, today my buddy stopped by and we went to a parking lot/ ride for about 45 minutes with non stop bass. My guess is it will do about 143. Just a guess. Its LOUD. Well towards the end my left ear was pounding. I didn't want to say enough and be thought of as a pussy but damn.. it HURTS. I can hear out of it and all but it hurts . That was at about 1230 this morning and it is now 9 here. Could this be permanent damage? What is the worst thing having a loud stereo will do to the ears? My Truck BuildSpending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio
dog24fret Posted November 22, 2012 Report Posted November 22, 2012 Get it check out soon. Only a doc can tell you if it's permanent due to all the inner workings of the ears. Cowboy Escort GrAnny ThUmper The Burp
Twostrokeking Posted November 22, 2012 Author Report Posted November 22, 2012 Get it check out soon. Only a doc can tell you if it's permanent due to all the inner workings of the ears. Eh ill wait until tomorrow and see what it feels like. No more loud music for a few days lol. Lets hope my mom doesnt find out about this thread.. Ill never live it down My Truck BuildSpending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio
C-Fizzy Posted November 22, 2012 Report Posted November 22, 2012 Low frequencies will not cause harm to your hearing unless there was something wrong before. It's the much higher frequencies that will cause harm. under construction I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me. u hate c-fizzy?
Twostrokeking Posted November 22, 2012 Author Report Posted November 22, 2012 Low frequencies will not cause harm to your hearing unless there was something wrong before. It's the much higher frequencies that will cause harm. None at all?? So the pain is not damage?? My Truck BuildSpending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio
kickass audio Posted November 22, 2012 Report Posted November 22, 2012 It could be from clipping. Before i had my dd-1 and tuned with the tpi-440 oscope i was clipping pretty hard and my ears hurt like hell, even on just the mids and highs. Since i fixed the gains my ears dont hurt at all even at full tilt. Maybe you heard some systems that were clipped. I had this happen for a year until my SMD had its leads burnt up but after the recone is when i fixed it all up right and it worked great since. I never bothered to have them checked afterwards since i could hear a ton of frequencies the same and had no difference in the level of sound i heard after the ringing in my ears went away. 2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress
C-Fizzy Posted November 22, 2012 Report Posted November 22, 2012 No offense man but I doubt your truck is doing a 43 lol but no it's most likely not hearing damage. You may be getting an ear infection which causes sensitivity in your ear. under construction I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me. u hate c-fizzy?
kickass audio Posted November 22, 2012 Report Posted November 22, 2012 Low frequencies will not cause harm to your hearing unless there was something wrong before. It's the much higher frequencies that will cause harm. This!! My tweeters were the worst and i blew one before i realized i was sending them too much power. When i played just my tweeters before i re-tuned them my ears and head hurt like hell. The only time my head and ears hurt from the bass was if i had a song that a super low note and it kept playing over and over again. It was only hurting at that moment that the low note played, if i were to mute or pause the song the pain would go away. 2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress
Twostrokeking Posted November 22, 2012 Author Report Posted November 22, 2012 No offense man but I doubt your truck is doing a 43 lol but no it's most likely not hearing damage. You may be getting an ear infection which causes sensitivity in your ear. nooo it was my buddies car. haha. Mine does upper 120's. I just hope i will be okay. I mean if i were to not do this again for such a long period of time will things be fine? or is this serious? My Truck BuildSpending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio
will77530 Posted November 22, 2012 Report Posted November 22, 2012 i know for a fact i do a 143 and ill play full tilt for three hour trips and it hasnt effected my hearing maybe you have something else going on bro get it checked out
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.