Different branches and forms of military/armed forces

What do you want to do? You want to do the full 20 and retire or only do a short term like 4 years. If its the 4 year route what do you plan on doing after you get out? Deciding what you want to do could help you in the long run cause most fields in the military will have some training in what you want to do and give you college credit. If you decide to join you will get the post 9/11 gi bill which will pay your college for you. Once you decide what you wanna do you could figure the branch.

x2. No matter which route you take... doing the full 20 and retire or just do 4 years... military will give you the gi bill which will pay for your education and give you money. It depends on the zip of where the school is but you could go to school for free (all you pay for is books food and wherever you want to live, they pay for the fees and such) and you get money on the side as well. Hence why I'm fighting for mine.

Curious about this? When did you join the military and why dont you have the gi bill?

Long story lol. Joined Aug 08. But to summarize? It didn't end well. Didn't do something stupid like drugs or whatnot, so don't think it's like that.

But it's as everyone's stated. Don't sign up just for college. make sure the branch of your choice is something you want to do, even if it's just 4 years. I've seen many sign up for college and never do it, even after they get out. And my biggest advice... do not go to basic with an open or general job. have your job already picked out. I was air force and 98% or so of those who go to basic with open or general, become cops. Nothing wrong with that but if you can choose a career, why not?

Sheena = pedobear

my one regret in serving is that i didnt get my degree before i got out. one because it would have been free and two because I could have damn near had a masters by the time i got out and really been making good money with my certs now. get your degree while in. the only degree i got was partyology 101.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I'm in the Air Force now and as long as you do what you're told and don't do drugs, drink underage, get in fights, or be disrespectful then it's a great way of life. The school benefits are great I've only been in 1 year and 8 months and I've already earned my degree through CCAF. I came in with absolutely no college. If you are a good troop your supervisor will more than likely give you more time for school. I would imagine its somewhat the same for other branches but I'm not 100 percent on that.

my friends a staff sargeant in the airforce and says she gets $20+ hr to hand out walkie talkie batteries and other easy jobs

ive always heard the airforce is the "easiest" way to go

if u have a problem following rules don't bother joining because u will get caught

co-worker gossip will sink u

**actin bad like a kid at six flags**

the military is an excellent way to go and provide you with many educational benefits on top of teaching you a job skill on its own. anyone serving in the military after 2001 get the post 9/11 gi bill or the MGIB. to learn about what those include check out http://www.gibill.va.gov

un top of that service member get TA (tuition assistance) this will pay up to $4500 a year for tuition.

your training at military schools may also count toward college credits

depending on your job (MOS/rate) the military may also pay for professional certifications in that field

as far as active vs. reserve i have done both and deployed with both and they really are 2 different beasts. if you are still trying to figure out what you want to do with your life then i would recommend active duty.

the difference between the reserve and the gaurd is that the guard is state funded while the reserves s federal otherwise no real difference.

reserve/NG is more designed for people who have a need to stay in a specific place (e.g. people with a good job, people going to a specific school or want to focus mainly on school, or people with special commitments to a certain place)

both active component and reserve component recieve the same training and are eligible for most of the same schools (there are a few exceptions)

the difference between the branchs

ARMY (I'm ARMY) has a very wide variety of jobs and rank is easiest to pick up

Air Force has probably the best school and well from what ive seen have a pretty nice life

NAVY good if you want to see the world i hear about them traveling a lot, (probably the most complicated branch though too many uniforms and crazy ranks and shit. plus their called semen... lol im just hatin)

MARINE CORP not a huge variety of jobs but personally i think that the marines breed the best leaders, you also have to earn your rank that shit isnt just given to you. (they are all crazy though)

Personally i think that the military is one of the greatest thing a young and confused person can do. I joined 6 years ago when i was 17 and was headed nowhere with my life. the army has made me who i am today. i owe most of my life sucess to the army and i would rade it for the world. the military becomes a part of you and you will remember it for the rest of your life

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

the military is an excellent way to go and provide you with many educational benefits on top of teaching you a job skill on its own. anyone serving in the military after 2001 get the post 9/11 gi bill or the MGIB. to learn about what those include check out http://www.gibill.va.gov

un top of that service member get TA (tuition assistance) this will pay up to $4500 a year for tuition.

your training at military schools may also count toward college credits

depending on your job (MOS/rate) the military may also pay for professional certifications in that field

as far as active vs. reserve i have done both and deployed with both and they really are 2 different beasts. if you are still trying to figure out what you want to do with your life then i would recommend active duty.

the difference between the reserve and the gaurd is that the guard is state funded while the reserves s federal otherwise no real difference.

reserve/NG is more designed for people who have a need to stay in a specific place (e.g. people with a good job, people going to a specific school or want to focus mainly on school, or people with special commitments to a certain place)

both active component and reserve component recieve the same training and are eligible for most of the same schools (there are a few exceptions)

the difference between the branchs

ARMY (I'm ARMY) has a very wide variety of jobs and rank is easiest to pick up

Air Force has probably the best school and well from what ive seen have a pretty nice life

NAVY good if you want to see the world i hear about them traveling a lot, (probably the most complicated branch though too many uniforms and crazy ranks and shit. plus their called semen... lol im just hatin)

MARINE CORP not a huge variety of jobs but personally i think that the marines breed the best leaders, you also have to earn your rank that shit isnt just given to you. (they are all crazy though)

Personally i think that the military is one of the greatest thing a young and confused person can do. I joined 6 years ago when i was 17 and was headed nowhere with my life. the army has made me who i am today. i owe most of my life sucess to the army and i would rade it for the world. the military becomes a part of you and you will remember it for the rest of your life

As far as making rank as an NCO how does that work for y'all?

For active duty it is based on a point system and your ability to appear in front of a board

for reserve/ng it is as simple as putting a packet together and finding a slot for the rank in which you will be promoted to

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

my friends a staff sargeant in the airforce and says she gets $20+ hr to hand out walkie talkie batteries and other easy jobs

ive always heard the airforce is the "easiest" way to go

if u have a problem following rules don't bother joining because u will get caught

co-worker gossip will sink u

theres job like that in every branch

you win some, you lose some

Archived