Herokight Posted November 24, 2012 Report Posted November 24, 2012 There's some great reputable shops out there, and mine has done some sick installs. They just rub me the wrong way. They have their brands that they try to push you into and their way of doing things. And are way expensive. Lane AKA HeroKight '96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4 R.I.P. Molliboo $200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands? You hear that????That's a category 5 shit storm coming n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads. ^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^
TeamHT Posted November 24, 2012 Report Posted November 24, 2012 Wait...you're upset because you weren't wired at 1 ohm nominal for almost a year? Obviously it did the job and a couple hundred watts isn't going to make a huge difference. Most shops sell what can turn in a profit. No one lives solely off the income of car audio. Unless you change your subs every other month, it is ridiculous to think they're going to go outside the box for a couple dollars profit. North Coast also does custom suspension, paint, metal and fiberglass fabrication, as well as every other 12 volt electronic because being a dealer for forum boner brands doesn't take care of overhead. This is how I see it. Either you do it, or pay someone else to do it. You were happy with it, leave it at that. Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
Cox Posted November 24, 2012 Author Report Posted November 24, 2012 Wait...you're upset because you weren't wired at 1 ohm nominal for almost a year? Obviously it did the job and a couple hundred watts isn't going to make a huge difference. 1st: I'm very confused where you got the " almost a year " part from when i said few months but anyways thats not the point. The point was I was not given what i paid for. Now back to that year warranty, what happen if the sub would have blown or failed at some point, then i would have been screwed. That was the main point. The fact that there was no proof what so ever that I purchased that product from them. Thats why I was mainly unhappy, not because of the 300 watts i wasn't getting. Kenwood Excelon x396AQ2200Fi Q 12XS D3400 XS XP30001/0 RADAFLEXStinger volt meter Mechman 240a alt
ric006 Posted November 24, 2012 Report Posted November 24, 2012 And this is why all the shops that do know what there doing and have good prices are going out of biz
Cox Posted November 24, 2012 Author Report Posted November 24, 2012 Obviously it did the job and a couple hundred watts isn't going to make a huge difference. 2nd: It obviously didn't do the job if I'm upgrading a few months later and yes i do realize they were only CVRs and i was not expecting ridiculous results out of them Kenwood Excelon x396AQ2200Fi Q 12XS D3400 XS XP30001/0 RADAFLEXStinger volt meter Mechman 240a alt
TeamHT Posted November 24, 2012 Report Posted November 24, 2012 You make no sense. You said you don't know anything about voicecoil configurations, but youre telling me you knew you ordered what voicecoil subs? Your complaint was not that you got the wrong equipment, but that you werent getting the full power from the amp. And if you wanted something loud, then two cheap ass 12"s and 750 watts isnt it. Youre blaming the shop and i dont see what they did wrong. Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
sbg Posted November 24, 2012 Report Posted November 24, 2012 Same here, we got 4 shops in my town. And each shop only has like 3 brands per store! Each one you go to wants to do shit there way and only will work on your setup if u got it from them, go to them with something other then what the sell and they will talk your setup down like what they have is just the top of the line and what u have is junk! I went into one of the shops to pick some wire up and show them my setup.. 2-12" RE Sxx d2s on a PPI Sedona 4k (2k rms@1ohm) setup was @ 2ohm for 1300 rms in coustom built 4.77 cuft box @32hz. They for real told me that the junk ass planet audio TQ 12s they had would be the way to go over the RE Sxx 12s and in a prefab box lol with the T.M.A 500.1 amp they also sell! OMG I was Lolz they wanted $150 a sub for the planet audio TQ, and the tma amp they wanted $275+tax. I took a look online and you can buy them junk subs for like $50 each and the amp for like$100. 01 focus se 110 amp alt Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0 Super start platinum AGM (starting) 2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back Kenwood double DIN DDx271 A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines. Orion xtx 64 in the front doors 2:1 4th order bandpass Sealed off trunk Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck Orion hcca 12s (black coils) Orion xtr3700.1 Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground) Sky high dual 1/0 inputs 2 xs power D3100 in back Sky high batt blocks Rose audio batt blocks Stinger volt meter All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders Db link remote/ rca
Jessica Posted November 24, 2012 Report Posted November 24, 2012 I'm sorry O.P., but for the amount of time i have been on this forum, I have never seen one of these threads be anything more than a pissing match of people complaining about "install shops". About 75% of the thread ends up being people coming in and saying these words; "My local shop is always trying to sale kicker and JL, thats all they know about. They tell me that kicker is way better than bla bla bla bla" Like i said, it sucks you got burned, i just don't see any productive discussion coming from your post. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
sbg Posted November 24, 2012 Report Posted November 24, 2012 Same here, we got 4 shops in my town. And each shop only has like 3 brands per store! Each one you go to wants to do shit there way and only will work on your setup if u got it from them, go to them with something other then what the sell and they will talk your setup down like what they have is just the top of the line and what u have is junk! I went into one of the shops to pick some wire up and show them my setup.. 2-12" RE Sxx d2s on a PPI Sedona 4k (2k rms@1ohm) setup was @ 2ohm for 1300 rms in coustom built 4.77 cuft box @32hz. They for real told me that the junk ass planet audio TQ 12s they had would be the way to go over the RE Sxx 12s and in a prefab box lol with the T.M.A 500.1 amp they also sell! OMG I was Lolz they wanted $150 a sub for the planet audio TQ, and the tma amp they wanted $275+tax. I took a look online and you can buy them junk subs for like $50 each and the amp for like$100. sry didn't go with the OP lol just a rant.... 01 focus se 110 amp alt Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0 Super start platinum AGM (starting) 2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back Kenwood double DIN DDx271 A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines. Orion xtx 64 in the front doors 2:1 4th order bandpass Sealed off trunk Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck Orion hcca 12s (black coils) Orion xtr3700.1 Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground) Sky high dual 1/0 inputs 2 xs power D3100 in back Sky high batt blocks Rose audio batt blocks Stinger volt meter All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders Db link remote/ rca
WastedTalent Posted November 24, 2012 Report Posted November 24, 2012 Obviously it did the job and a couple hundred watts isn't going to make a huge difference. 2nd: It obviously didn't do the job if I'm upgrading a few months later and yes i do realize they were only CVRs and i was not expecting ridiculous results out of them Whoa, calm down. If you're upgrading, it doesn't necessarily mean that it didn't do the job. I believe ChillMasterWill says car audio is like crack. (if it's not him, it's someone else). Once you have something, you're happy with it. I mean if you weren't happy, you would've gone back a week or two later and "what the F man?". But we get used to it and we want something bigger and badder. So we upgrade. With that being said, it just sounds like you wanted more bump. Not that what you had sucked, was wrong, or whatnot, just...you wanted more. I personally went from 2 kenwood's to 2 rf t1's. improvement? Definitely. Car rattled a little and now it feels like it'll explode. So the whole voice coil thing? I never got, I never understood (not your story but just in general, I'm a noob somewhat myself so still learning). But I'd be upset as well... Just purely on the fact that they don't have any record of it at all. I mean I should be able to go to where I got my kenwoods and the place I got my rf's and they should have records of them. But... since it's outside of warranty now? Eh, Idc. Lol. Just be nice to know what model of the t1's I have. Too lazy to pull a sub out JUST to find out what model. I'll wait for an upgrade or some crap Sheena = pedobear
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.