Mtnbikecrazy55 Posted November 25, 2012 Report Posted November 25, 2012 Okay so you got the wrong subs and you lost the receipt? So you both messed up. I doubt they intended to do it, just move on. Never said I lost it. Said I never received it..... Oh really? lets all check this out below.... Hmmmm. what's different here....?? Well a few months back I got two Kicker CVR 12s along with a Rockford Fosgate 750-1D. At the time I really had no knowledge of wiring or voice coils what so ever. So now that I upgraded to my Fi 15 I was gonna sale the 12s. Well I was researching voice coils and wiring guides to make sure i got the right thing and then it hit me, there was no way my 12s were wired to one ohm. So I borrowed my dads dmm and checked it out anddddddd.......it read 2 ohms. Well I was under the impression when i bought it that I would be getting all 750 watts from my amp, but obviously that wasn't going to happen with two dual 2 ohm voice coil subs. So I went back since I was told i had a year warranty to see if I could get them replaced for what they should have originally ordered. Well of all of my car audio receipts I keep, I couldn't find that one, ( turns out because i was never given one)well it didn't come up in their computer on my long list of stuff that I'v bought from them, so they told me to bring the sub in the next day (because it was almost closing time) so they could check the serial. So the next day i came back and they found no trace what so ever that I bought the sub from them or where it came from and all they could tell me is that the employee that sold it too me must have pocketed the cash.So no replacements for me. But my question is he had to ordered them in so how do they have no trace of that so apparently he got the subs from somewhere else (my theory). Anyways this was my little rant just to see what you guys think or if you have a similar experience. Original: Well a few months back I got two Kicker CVR 12s along with a Rockford Fosgate 750-1D. At the time I really had no knowledge of wiring or voice coils what so ever. So now that I upgraded to my Fi 15 I was gonna sale the 12s. Well I was researching voice coils and wiring guides to make sure i got the right thing and then it hit me, there was no way my 12s were wired to one ohm. So I borrowed my dads dmm and checked it out anddddddd.......it read 2 ohms. Well I was under the impression when i bought it that I would be getting all 750 watts from my amp, but obviously that wasn't going to happen with two dual 2 ohm voice coil subs. So I went back since I was told i had a year warranty to see if I could get them replaced for what they should have originally ordered. Well of all of my car audio receipts I keep, I couldn't find that one, well it turns out it didn't come up in their computer on my long list of stuff that I'v bought from them, so they told me to bring the sub in the next day (because it was almost closing time) so they could check the serial. So the next day i came back and they found no trace what so ever that I bought the sub from them or where it came from and all they could tell me is that the employee that sold it too me must have pocketed the cash.So no replacements for me. But my question is he had to ordered them in so how do they have no trace of that so apparently he got the subs from somewhere else (my theory). Anyways this was my little rant just to see what you guys think or if you have a similar experience. ----- Lol, once again not what you said in the OP. Its what you changed your story to after, lol. ding ding ding!! I hate long signatures.... ...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head... Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback
TeamHT Posted November 25, 2012 Report Posted November 25, 2012 wow all these comments of never being able to see the true 800rms are COMPLETELY USELESS it doesnt matter what's it wired to, you'll never see the rated power anyways... you guys may not consider him to be screwed over, but if i payed someone to do something for me, i would hope they would optimize it for me as much as possible. and in his case, wiring it to 1 ohm was what he was desiring, though me may not have realized it a the time. What would the difference be with an extra hundred watts? And my whole point is not that he thought he was wired to 1 ohm but rather he saw 750 watts and assumed he was getting 750 watts. They gave him a daily system setup to last. Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
KillaCam Posted November 25, 2012 Report Posted November 25, 2012 Its funny how much your story changes. Why do you need to lie? And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. B5 Passat Build Log
TeamHT Posted November 25, 2012 Report Posted November 25, 2012 I figured the OP would get edited, lol Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
Jessica Posted November 25, 2012 Report Posted November 25, 2012 Well a few months back I got two Kicker CVR 12s along with a Rockford Fosgate 750-1D. At the time I really had no knowledge of wiring or voice coils what so ever. So now that I upgraded to my Fi 15 I was gonna sale the 12s. Well I was researching voice coils and wiring guides to make sure i got the right thing and then it hit me, there was no way my 12s were wired to one ohm. So I borrowed my dads dmm and checked it out anddddddd.......it read 2 ohms. Well I was under the impression when i bought it that I would be getting all 750 watts from my amp, but obviously that wasn't going to happen with two dual 2 ohm voice coil subs. So I went back since I was told i had a year warranty to see if I could get them replaced for what they should have originally ordered. Well of all of my car audio receipts I keep, I couldn't find that one, ( turns out because i was never given one)well it didn't come up in their computer on my long list of stuff that I'v bought from them, so they told me to bring the sub in the next day (because it was almost closing time) so they could check the serial. So the next day i came back and they found no trace what so ever that I bought the sub from them or where it came from and all they could tell me is that the employee that sold it too me must have pocketed the cash.So no replacements for me. But my question is he had to ordered them in so how do they have no trace of that so apparently he got the subs from somewhere else (my theory). Anyways this was my little rant just to see what you guys think or if you have a similar experience. You want my opinion on this. Guy walks into shop. Know noting about what he is getting. Shop guy asks what ohm subs he wants, Guy asks what does that mean, shop guy says that lower ohms means more power from amp. Then the guy says well, give me 2ohm subs that means more power! I mean, there are a jillion variables here, hell those subs could have been open box or something and were just a cash and carry item, or maybe the o.p. bought them somewhere else and just forgot he didn't get them at the shop, or maybe the guy did pocket the cash. Te last one makes no sense to me though since the o.p. had a warranty and made a pretty big purchase. It would be hard to hide something like that. But hey, i am a cynic. Thats how my brain works. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
BeAlLsTaR13 Posted November 25, 2012 Report Posted November 25, 2012 I don't see a real issue here lol or a reason to add to "why shops suck" hell, if you came into my shop we woulda just swapped the subs out and warrantied them = more cash in our pocket in the end Unless that shop isn't an authorized retailer, which if it was they should have been fully stocked and wouldn't have needed to order anything Team Sundown Audio**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here **OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Herecheck them out, slap me a comment2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.-------------------------------------------------------------------Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft partsAmplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500DEnclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hzFront Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" ComponentsRear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-RangeFront Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4DWires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAsElectrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13-------------------------------------------------------------------
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.