Jump to content

Anybody else hate Halos?


Recommended Posts

Posted

why don't you just get some of these

http://www.ebay.com/...bf71c83&vxp=mtr

and then retrofit some morimoto projectors in them.

http://www.ebay.com/...2358d85&vxp=mtr

thats what I'll do!

I was considering that actually, on my Explorer forum, many of the people on there have tried that, but it involved putting the plastic housings in an oven to be able to separate it, to gain access to the inside to place the projector, and if I mess up that is $100 mistake. Other then that, it really does not seem that hard to do.

i thought that too, before I did that to a neon srt4, but these chinese reflector housings aren't hard to split, I did it with less than 3 min in the oven, and the second one I just did it with a heat gun, really easy to do.

smdban.jpg

audio related merchandise (decals,banners,lanyards,hats,shirt,etc)

Posted

Personally can't stand halo's, they belong in the ricer days of fast and furious with the body kits, and lambo doors, i do love HID's though, i need new bulbs for mine, one of them discolored and not very bright, there supposed to be 6000k drive side bulb is fine but passenger side is dim and purpleish, recently started doing this prolly a couple months ago

Posted

The best way to deal with them that I've seen is to paint them flat black, then it doesn't look too bad. IMO they don't belong unless they came with it.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

Posted

I have a 98 BMW, to get them from hella, it's 1200 for the pair.

Ouch. That sucks. could be worse though, those new Audi LED lights cost about $2000 EACH to replace.

1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 AWD

So far with the Ford/JBL Stock Stereo system, Alpine System coming soon.

Posted

if you buy the ebay headlights they all look the same funny look if you buy the halos seperate they can look nice

Posted

Don't get silverstar headlights, they have terrible life. Get some Philips Crystal or Diamond Vision bulbs or something from PIAA, they last twice as long. I got 1 year out of my PIAA, 9 months on my Crystal Visions right now, going to Diamond Visions next

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Posted

Don't get silverstar headlights, they have terrible life. Get some Philips Crystal or Diamond Vision bulbs or something from PIAA, they last twice as long. I got 1 year out of my PIAA, 9 months on my Crystal Visions right now, going to Diamond Visions next

agree, I had some for my last car and they lasted 2 months.

Posted

I have had Silverstars in my Explorer for 2 years now.Still going strong. Do you guys drive at night a lot? I am sure I am due for a new pair, that is why I said I was going to get them. I know that I would never buy those blue tinted ones, less light output, for a cooler look, and less life seems like a waste of money.

1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 AWD

So far with the Ford/JBL Stock Stereo system, Alpine System coming soon.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 4610 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...