1996BLKBauer Posted November 26, 2012 Report Posted November 26, 2012 So I have been searching for some projector headlights for my '96 Explorer so I can have some aimed HIDs, and all I can find is stupid looking halo projector combos. I think that halos look good on some newer cars, but on a 16 year old SUV, I don't think so. I have pretty much given up on this crap. unless I want my truck to look like a owns it, I guess I am sticking with stock halogens.... ...Rant Over!!!! 1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 AWD So far with the Ford/JBL Stock Stereo system, Alpine System coming soon.
meade916 Posted November 26, 2012 Report Posted November 26, 2012 halo's only belong on cars that came with them.......like those dumb ass side vents. People keep pasting those damn things all over their cars but they look totally out of place. Unless it came with it that is. Anyway, IMO, and just my opinion, they look flea market. Don't do it. P.S. I will go ahead and edit out your racist comment since i know you were just trying to be funny. Some people might not think its very funny. Please don't do that again. Thanks! All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications! http://www.youtube.com/meade916 Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them http://www.instagram.com/meade916 The Official SMD Facebook fan Page https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/ Follow my Tweet (Twitter) http://www.Twitter.com/meade916
certifiednut Posted November 26, 2012 Report Posted November 26, 2012 i had them on an acura, and left the rings not hooked up, you could hardly tell they were there. But they were still there. i hate them as well. these orphans aren't going to feast on themselves
alaskanzx5 Posted November 26, 2012 Report Posted November 26, 2012 dont wire the halos and smoke them/paint them black t1500bdcp 2 t2d4 15" 1 t600.4 1 t400.2 1 set p1 tweets singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.
White Lightning Posted November 26, 2012 Report Posted November 26, 2012 Yep ... I gave up my search long ago and bought stock replacement light lenses and installed the HIDs anyways ... worked great for me Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
BeatBox Posted November 26, 2012 Report Posted November 26, 2012 i had them on an acura, and left the rings not hooked up, you could hardly tell they were there. But they were still there. i hate them as well. THIS ^ ^ ^ ^ ripped the wires to the halos outta mine too, soon after went back to stock
KillaCam Posted November 26, 2012 Report Posted November 26, 2012 I like them on bimmers and cars that came with them. And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. B5 Passat Build Log
michigancapri92 Posted November 26, 2012 Report Posted November 26, 2012 Yep ... I gave up my search long ago and bought stock replacement light lenses and installed the HIDs anyways ... worked great for me untill you got pulled over on the way to scraping haha Teamcapri.comThe TeamCapri 1992 Mercury Capri XR22012 FORD EDGE SQ BUILDOld build logMy FeedBack1992 Mercury capri XR2 Hyper LED
sphinxbccp Posted November 26, 2012 Report Posted November 26, 2012 I like my halos... Lol Build log: Click Feedback: http://www.stevemead...xbccp-feedback/ 03 Chevy Blazer - IPad Air 2 - ALPINE Head Unit - 4 DC XL 18s - 2 DC 3.5k - ALPINE TYPE R 5.25 COMP - 3 ALPINE TYPE R 6.5 COMPs - DC 175.4 - DC HO Alt - D3400 - 4 XP3000s - KNU 0ga - 60 SqFt Damp Pro Lots more...
1996BLKBauer Posted November 26, 2012 Author Report Posted November 26, 2012 I have done much research on HIDs, they use less power, and produce more light, but only when aimed correctly. That is why I want projectors so they are aimed right. I found a pair that are smoked, and with the halos off, it does not look so bad, but then I think, that what is the point of getting HIDs with smoked lens, it just seems stupid. So what I think I will have to do is since my Explorer came with a 2 piece turn signal/headlight, I will get new lens, that are clearer, cleanup the grounds, and get Silverstar Ultras. that will be the best I can do for now. I will also just use some night shades on the turn signal part, I think it will look sick against my black truck. Also, if I upset anybody about the racist comment, sorry it was a joke, I guess my sense of humor does not transfer over intext. Also meade, I saw a Expedition in the parking lot at my work with 5 stick on vents on each side, and chrome edging around every door. 1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 AWD So far with the Ford/JBL Stock Stereo system, Alpine System coming soon.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.