the_garynatorTorres.jpg

'09 Sierra Ext Cab - under construction

(1) RF T2500-1 -running- (4) RF T1 12's

(1) RF T1000-4 -running- (2) RF T1652-S

Stock alt / battery -plus- (1) DC Power 230a & (2) Kinetik 1800

Buncha OFC Knu

Buncha Second Skin

Kenwood DDX814 - Alpine Imprint - RF 360.3

When I get home and off mobile I can explain things better (if I remebber when home lol) ii will say this it is perfectly normal for a box and car to have more than 1 peak

I think I've figured out where the disconnect here is. I know they will have multiple peaks and it is normal. What I am looking for is reasons why my box and sub are peaking higher at a much different frequency than the box is designed to be tuned to.

I.e. my box is designed to be tuned to a 36hz, but it peaks almost 10hz higher at 44-45hz. There is a peak at 36hz, but it is quite a bit lower than what it peaks at at 44-45hz.

I don't beleive this is normal.

Response to this

Team Flex Issues

the_garynatorTorres.jpg

looks like the tuning calc I was using was wrong then. (http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31). I did some testing tonight, retested both boxes and the separate peaks are gone...it peaks at 44hz. I'll post the test results tomorrow in my build thread (link in signature) and update this thread so that anyone who's interested in the results can take a look.

ran a quick sweep and in car it peaks around 45-46hz then did a quick burp with the door open at 45hz and hit a 150.55 at the dash car on. did a couple sealed but i'll post those tomorrow. would have done more burps but the house next door to my shop doesn't like me burping 50s after 10pm lol. either way, I know she's got more in her and the results explain why it isn't much more windy than the 15 was.

Anyone consider the bass boost off the amp? Some will boost the 40hz range. Some even boost a little when the boost is all the way down. This happens with cheap filters on the amps. I've seen it with a bunch of brands

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Anyone consider the bass boost off the amp? Some will boost the 40hz range. Some even boost a little when the boost is all the way down. This happens with cheap filters on the amps. I've seen it with a bunch of brands

Good point. My bass boost is turned all of the way down, and back to back comparisons have showed that my old box and sub peak at 36hz (where it's tuned to), so in my case I don't think that's the issue, but that was definitely one of the first things I checked.

Archived