Anyone ever buy an ex police vehicle?

Just looking around on CL, noticed the crown Vic's that were ex cop cars go pretty cheap. Ones I look at have less than 150k miles.

I know the city does maintenance every 4k miles. But does anyone have personal experience with them? Am I better off looking at city auctions? Thanks for any input.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

For a bit I owned a 99 Vic that was a former Cleve Heights PD training car. Paid a grand for it, had 77k on it. Had rusty floor boards that needed some work, but the body was solid and the motor ran great. Most of 'em are gonna have holes in the deck lid, roof, and interior from where the cop parts were mounted.. but other wise they are typically decent vehicles with a good maintenance history. Never had any issues w mine. Properly taken care of they will run forever. My lincoln has the exact same motor, has over 165k on it, no leaks, doesnt burn anyhting, runs strong...

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Kingsuv had the FB post about them

Why is it the people that buy and drive the old cop cars look like they spent there life in the back of one lol

You should get one

LOL what's that supposed to mean?

We'll see what happens. I was just looking around like always. Thanks for the input guys. I just know these things usually get driven hard.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

I would be carefull buying them. They are left running pretty much all the time. The maintenance is not always regular or on time and they are driven hard. Plus the cars we have where I work(not patrol) are old and pretty bad shape. I don't even like driving them at all

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

If it's a take home car assigned to one officer odds are they took care if it.

If it's a fleet car that gets shared shift to shift.........

We beat the fuck outta those! GTA Chicago Edition!

LMFAO. you would know then, am I better off going to an auction to look for one? Or private sales on Craigslist?

under construction

u hate c-fizzy?

Archived