Sonic Electronix

Sonic Video - Why should you buy OFC?

What's the real difference between oxygen free copper and other materials? Daniel will explain in this insightful video. What do you guys think?

468x60-forum-banner.jpg
2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 5.3L w/ Brutus 1700W, NVX 4 Chan, L7 Subs, Sony Deck & Alpine Speaks
Sonic Electronix Articles by Harry Donihue --> CLICK

That's quite a difference!

Was the same length of wire used for both tests? I don't have audio on my comp at the moment, but it looks like there is more of the aluminum wire wrapped closer together - just wondering if that might skew the tests since it is more head concentrated in a smaller area?

Still. 190 degrees. YIKES!

That sums it up alot better than every other explanation I've heard.

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

ya ive seen a few of these comparisons. the trick is where price and needs meet. for instance, a run of 1/0 OFC is generally thought to be good for 300amps. if you have a draw of 400amps then one run of 1/0 OFC isnt enough. now you can get two runs of CCA for a lot cheaper than OFC and it will easily handle your 400amps.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

That´s definitely a nice video, man i wish i could do a comparisson test on the SPL gains topic about this :(

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

That temperature difference explains quite a lot on why there is a need for fuses to prevent fires...

And I've also noticed some CCA corroding and had to basically throw it out. Such a waste.

Never going with CCA again.

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

That temperature difference explains quite a lot on why there is a need for fuses to prevent fires...

And I've also noticed some CCA corroding and had to basically throw it out. Such a waste.

Never going with CCA again.

copper corrodes a lot faster than aluminum so it was the copper plating that gave you your problem. I've bought brand new OFC from JL and it was green when I took it out of the package. if you dont want wire to corrode, get tinned copper.

the fuses protect against overloading the wire. in a comparison like this, they put more current than the CCA is rated for but the OFC can handle it. it would be like saying 8awg is crap because it cant handle 200amps but 0awg can handle it, so everyone should only use 0awg.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

copper corrodes a lot faster than aluminum so it was the copper plating that gave you your problem. I've bought brand new OFC from JL and it was green when I took it out of the package. if you dont want wire to corrode, get tinned copper.

Hmm... That's really strange. I've never had any issues with my OFC corroding. Maybe the jacket was slightly acidic or sealed in moisture or something?