car spl sound in your house?

Truconcept

I don't get it...you don't need 140dbs in a house to have a good bass experience in home...this isn't outside the box it's just retarded.

Haha, that's funny.

That's what most people that aren't bassheads will tell you.

It's not more retarded then having a vehicle doing 140+db :)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

It's tough getting loud in a house. I used to have 15" on 5k in my bedroom. Sure played loud for a house and could shake everything in my room, but was no louder than my friend's 12 in his car on 800 watts

I don't get it...you don't need 140dbs in a house to have a good bass experience in home...this isn't outside the box it's just retarded.

Haha, that's funny.

No, actually it is. You do not measure spl the same at home, on stage, or at a theatre the way you do in a car. They're different entirely and using one method of measuring another method entirely is inaccurate. I'm not saying you can't have loud home audio. I'm saying trying to replicate the experience from your car in your room is inefficient. If loud bass is your goal, in home, it is definitely doable with infinitely easier and cheaper ways. My only point.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

People actually measure at home? Lol they put the sensor in the bay window and close the front door? Seriously though i didnt know people measured home audio, how do they do it?

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

I had 2 18" btls in a 24ish cube box 3 10" round port tuned to 30hz ( box was "corner loaded" ) and on 100rms ( if that.. Subs didnt move more then 1/4") it did a 134@25hz where i sat to watch tv. Was a little excessive..

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Haha, that's funny.

No, actually it is. You do not measure spl the same at home, on stage, or at a theatre the way you do in a car. They're different entirely and using one method of measuring another method entirely is inaccurate. I'm not saying you can't have loud home audio. I'm saying trying to replicate the experience from your car in your room is inefficient. If loud bass is your goal, in home, it is definitely doable with infinitely easier and cheaper ways. My only point.

Why should it be different for measuring the spl of the same frequencies?

How do you measure spl in a house?

I agree with you, it is inefficient because you have a bigger volume to pressurize.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

I'm so confused by what you are saying OP!!! Do you want the enclosure to be made out of a closet? Or are you saying you just want speakers in a room. And saying your room is closet size is dumb cuz I got a small ass closet in my apartment whereas my dad has a big ass closet in his house.

Why don't you just get a few 8 or 10 inch woofers and stick them in a nice t-line and power them with the electrical plug. Plenty of power. And it will be loud!

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

It's tough getting loud in a house. I used to have 15" on 5k in my bedroom. Sure played loud for a house and could shake everything in my room, but was no louder than my friend's 12 in his car on 800 watts

uhmm. You don't have home fuses for that much Wattage, but I see your point. My sweet spot for bass isn't even inside the room I got my speakers. If I close the door and walk around the room to estimated 7 meters in front of my speakers, the bass will massage your ears :P

Well... It didn't exactly comply with the local fire code. SSHHH

Archived