RickyFriery97 Posted December 2, 2012 Report Posted December 2, 2012 If its hurting that long, I'd do a MRI, only way he can really check the ligaments and tendons. If something is wrong, it will only get worse if you wait! 2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab 1994 Chevy Full Size blazer
Cox Posted December 2, 2012 Report Posted December 2, 2012 The same thing happens to my dad but very often and he doesn't even have to be moving. It happens a lot to him at work because he is a mechanic and is always in a weird position fixing something. Matter of fact just the other day we were taking out the back seats of my car and he was just sitting on it wired and it popped right out. He just had to stop a minute and worked it back in place and got up and walked around and then We finished taking my seats out. I'm sure it's gonna be different for you but since he is older, once it happened to him it kept happening. Kenwood Excelon x396AQ2200Fi Q 12XS D3400 XS XP30001/0 RADAFLEXStinger volt meter Mechman 240a alt
juiced Posted December 2, 2012 Report Posted December 2, 2012 had that happen to me in high school playing basketball. I was on crutches a couple of weeks. honestly my knee has never been the same. I never did get an mri because the doctor said it wasn't necessary. in time I just learned to watch my step. I've had it sort of pop a couple of times if that makes any sense. looking back I should have got a second opinion.
mbdblue Posted December 2, 2012 Author Report Posted December 2, 2012 Thats the weird part, it doesn't even hurt; it just feels uncomfortable and a little sore. I can't even imagine how bad it must have hurt to do all that damage man. Only reason I popped it back in was cuz I freaked the hell out and just grabbed the thing. My parents had mentioned that the doc might be waiting till the swelling goes down to do the MRI but Im not sure AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco
MrSkippyJ Posted December 2, 2012 Report Posted December 2, 2012 There are no nerves in you ligaments. If any of them are torn, you won't feel it. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
FALLN Posted December 2, 2012 Report Posted December 2, 2012 get an mri... ive been misdiagnosed by doctors twice related to torn ligaments... most recently dislocated my shoulder twice and was told that it would heal fine because nothing was torn. got the mri and i have a full laberal tear, cartilage folded over itself and a fragment of something floating around. just had surgery 2 days ago on friday i wouldnt risk not getting an mri
mbdblue Posted December 5, 2012 Author Report Posted December 5, 2012 Ill definitely talk to the doc on friday about it. My dad mentioned that if anything is torn, its not really gonna get worse since Im not walking on it. Plus they're most likely gonna fight me about it since this is all worker's comp. They've told me I'm only gonna get 60% of my weekly check so I want to get back to work ASAP. This sitting around is boring the shit outta me, but I do like getting a lot more sleep than I usually do. AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco
Rmichael91 Posted December 5, 2012 Report Posted December 5, 2012 Had a slight tear in the lateral meniscus on my right knee. The only thing that caught it aside from the golf ball sized bulge was the MRI. Still got problems to this day, working long hours, weather changes here and there. I was a wrestler in highschool and it happened during the first tournament of my senior season. We're just in all sorts of weird positions and the adrenaline so I didn't realize it until after the bout. Spent a while on crutches, it healed on its own being that slight of a tear, went back and finished my season. But it still bugs the hell outta me. -Ryan
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.