Sundown Audio

Will there be a new line of SA subs soon?

The reason I ask is because I plan on getting an sa-12 soon, but I would hold off if there will be a newer better model coming out soon as I see a lot of the other models are getting re-vamped right about now.

If so could you please let me know roughly how long it will be until then and if you believe they will be around the same price or more?

Much appreciated for any answers, I tried looking through the forums to find out before I asked but didn't find anything on this topic.

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

I am always working on new stuff.

I have been working on many possible SA series (10/12/15) v.2 revisions for a few years -- so far I haven't been pleased enough with anything across the board to make a new version yet; either the performance gain was too one-sided to SPL *or* low-end and/or the modifications cost too much.

I do have another whole set of prototypes coming in soon... but even if I approved them right now and started production it wouldn't be any sooner than March to have them in stock. So that would put any potential SA v.2 into the 2Q of next year (April to June) at the earliest assuming I approve the new prototypes.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Alright guys, I hear ya, I just saw all the other new stuff Jacob was posting up and was like hmmm... if a newer better one comes out like a few months after i buy one I will probably be pissed off... but yeah, fuck it, I wanna hear what all the hype is about these subs, noone in my area has even heard of sundown so I'll be the first to bring it around here as far as I know

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

Stock rear speakers

Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

• 2 weeks later...

Just got this sub, am in love and can't even put it in my car yet as the box is not ready... damn this thing is heavy! It is a little bit shorter than my old type r 12 but it is quite a bit heavier and this magnet is so wide, extremely impressed with the build quality of this thing. Thanks guys for the persuasion, haven't even heard the thing yet but if it sounds as good as it looks I will be very satisfied!

Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

Stock rear speakers

Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

Well man when you get home to check it out you will be impressed, this thing sounds good and is honestly pushing more air than my old 2 12" Duals in a bandpass box. I had my old subs firing right at the trunk before on a Kia Rio hooked up to about 500 watts and the rio's trunk and back seat didn't move as much as my shit does now in my 2010 Cobalt, absolutely sick for the price. I just shot a shitty video in the dark on my phone, but you get the idea, the sub isn't getting much power from my cheap pioneer amp but it still pushes it ok.

http://s1324.beta.photobucket.com/user/Hellbilly429/media/VIDEO0016_zps0ffcc4a9.mp4.html

Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

Stock rear speakers

Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log