New door plans, what to do with them??

TeamHirshAudio

Im looking to re-do my door panels. I have many questions on what to do with them!

The vehicle is a 1999 jeep grand cherokee limited

I dont know what I should put in for mids/highs thats why I am asking on here.. I was thinking either 3-6.5s and 2 tweets per door or 2 8" mid drivers and a 6.5, and tweet per door. Are any of these ideas worth doing? Or is there any other imput anyone else has? And also what should I do for a amp to power these mids?

Any imput is appreciated! Thank you for reading!

pics of doors would be nice to see what you have to work with ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

i have 4 6.5S. and they sound ok but to get loud and carry id go with 8s

How did you come to that conclusion? Because any 8" is louder than any 6.5? You don't know what his doors look like...or what kind of power he is planning on running. Just curious.

-98' Ford Expedition (Rest in Peace)

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.

My guess is you're using PA drivers? I'd do four 6.5s and two tweets if you could fit it, I'm not a fan of mixing driver sizes for the same frequencies. And depending on the power handling of the drivers, I'd use an Crescendo 1100.4 AQ 120.4, or a Sundown 125.4 for the active crossover capabilities, if you feel comfortable with your abilities of getting active set up right.

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

My guess is you're using PA drivers? I'd do four 6.5s and two tweets if you could fit it, I'm not a fan of mixing driver sizes for the same frequencies. And depending on the power handling of the drivers, I'd use an Crescendo 1100.4 AQ 120.4, or a Sundown 125.4 for the active crossover capabilities, if you feel comfortable with your abilities of getting active set up right.

If I was to mix driver sizes does that effect SQ?

If I was to mix driver sizes does that effect SQ?

Has nothing to do with Sound Quality ... but more with Frequency cancellation ...

I'd rather say 2 8s verses multiple 6.5" drivers ... Just saying

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived