need some input on an idea I had with a couple friends. Since my ma's been on my case for so long about smellin up the garage and such, I wanted to move my work elsewhere. So me and a couple friends wanted to see if we could rent out an unused garage. We found one for 825 a month but the guy is lookin for a 3-5 year contract. Now its rediculous to sign this since Im at school half the year. But We're hoping if we offer somewhere around a G to him per month, we can knock it down to a year contract. Now split 3 ways its not bad, and if we can get some blown head gasket cars or even police auctions for cheap, we can fix em back to stock and sell them off. We would regulate costs if that doesnt work out so I pay the least when Im at school and shit. But being that we are all keeping our jobs to back us up so we know we'll have enough cash to pay the rent, do you guys think this is a good idea? Any input is appreciated. The place we found has over 1000 sq. ft. to work with which is incredibly nice. But we are uninterested in becoming a shop since we are not certified and would rather not get slapped with a ton of violations. Guys Im workin with are very reliable and have the same work ethic I do, (staying up to all hours of the night when we have to work the next day just to get further on a project) so Im not worried about relying on them.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

the only bad thing ive learnd about friends and business is when it comes to money there not your friend or partner they want as much money as they can get, so unless its a wife or mom/dad kida of partnership i wouldnt do it, i love my friends but i wouldnt reliy on them to pay their part of the bill, and if they didnt pay their fair share then you would have to argue about what amount of return is ritefully theirs ect ect it could end up being you guys do the shop and do great for years or do great for months then shit falls out and you close the business and then ontop of the lost money you loose your best friend

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

Never go into Business with friends or family.

I'll be more then happy rent my garage out :lol:

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Never go into Business with friends or family.

I'll be more then happy rent my garage out :lol:

damn Id be happy to rent it if I was on the west coast. this sucks. My friends and I are pretty close....more like brothers....course some bros cant be relied on either hahaha. But I talked to the realtor today and he sounds like a huge prick. What sucks the most is that theres a 2 bay garage/closed down gas station (tanks arent there anymore) that would be perfect but its just sittin.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

• 1 month later...

ya know I should really listen to you guys more? already I can see this becoming a huge pain in my ass. We found a garage thats AMAZING!...should say I found a garage thats amazing.... Used to be an auto body shop, 3 bays, frame lift, 55 gal. compressor, small rooms for mixing paint, EPA certified to spray auto paint, big ass exhaust fan (glassing heaven), dirt lot in front that can fit 8 cars, even a 10 foot locked gate so its fenced in. Literally its everything we want. 1200 a month and hes willing to go month to month so no 1 year lease. Only problem is, my friends wont answer the goddamn phone! Im doing everything here; talking to the owner, setting up the rental agreement, meeting with him to see the place. Which I dont mind doing since I know things get lost in translation easily so Id rather do it myself. All they have to do is pick up the phone and answer my questions. And they dont pick up. I want this place. it would make my summer 1000X better. I was actually considering dipping into my bonds to make sure its mine. Normally, Id say fuck calling; Ill show up at there door. But Im out in Detroit and 700 miles away so I cant. I dont want to lose this place, and if its because of these guys not answering there phones, Im gonna be PISSED!

so Im callin the guy monday to tell him its off. I wont be doin this again. its rediculous. Thanks for the heads up everyone.