Sundown Audio

subs not hitting low bass

rambo.93

hey guys, so i have a question...I bought an amp used from some guy and he had it powering three 12s. it was pretty loud and stuff so i figured everything was fine. well i just finished building a box for my subs that i also bough used from someone else and i tuned the box to about 35h Hz.. everything sounds awesome except that it sounds like its not hitting the lows very good. although the problem could be any number of things, i think its the amp. When I adjust the low pass and sub sonic settings nothing changes at allI. When I change the bass boost and some other setting that is labeled "level" with max and min, its changes the output a ton, but still doesnt help the subs hit the lows. any help or advice would be great! thanks

Well for one, that "level" control is your gain. If you can, set it with a DD-1 or an O-Scope.

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

Make sure your bass boost is completely off on both your amp and headunit. It's possible that you have bass boost on and it's boosting your higher bass but not your lower bass.

What subs do you have? Do you know the specs of your box like airspace, and your port area?

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

Archived