Lower line Hertz components

cmw5e

Haven't heard the energys or high energys before, but I have the diecis....they aren't bad, but definitely don't get as loud as I wish they would...Decent, but I would go with a more expensive model next time.

edit: they are pretty much what to expect for a 100 bucks a pair

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

• 2 weeks later...

chiming ina litle late here. Yeah you can add an amp, that is always a good thing. And you'll prolly notice the biggest improvement with that, versus new speaks. Dunno how good your Rs are, I believe you'll be impressed the the Hertz tho, way more soundstage/clarity/attack etc. But IMO the amp should come first. Then, just "accidentally" blow your Rs by turning it up too loud, and then convince yourself you need an Xmas gift and its worth making payments for them Hertz. Hell, in a year, you wont be broke no'mo....

Oh yea, deadening your doors is a great idea too! Get some o dat deadliner stuff. really gets the sound better.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought a set of the lower end Dieci 6.5 component sets, havent finished up complete install yet. They sounded pretty good in the shop i bought them at taking about 60w. They sound decent with the oem amp in my forte koup. Wish i would have gotten the energy set he offered me at $200... Damn buyer's remorse..

It's worth a shot but see if you can trade in and trade up with those from the shop, some shops will honor that if everything is still new and looks like nothing was damaged.

The energies will be well worth the investment, and allow you room to upgrade your amp to something more powerful and of better quality.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Archived