Second Skin Audio

Thinking outside the... frame?

BobbyG2

This isn't really a serious idea, just something I was thinking about when I was bored...

I was thinking of ways to increase excursion in a sub, and it seems to me that most subs are limited by the frame, suspension, and motor.

So, I was thinking of ways to eliminate that, so there could be more mechanical limits.

So I figured, why not eliminate the constraints of the frame from the equation?

It's pretty ridiculous, probably really impractical, but here's what I came up with:

themaniacalmonstrosityofchaos.png

Since the spider is outside of the frame, the only way for there to be a pole piece is if I supported it from in front of the driver, and behind the spider. This will also allow for 100% centered excursion. The only limits that the frame now has over the sub is the cone. And now the spider can be as big as the cone size, for extreme excursion capabilities.

What you guys think? Maybe if someone takes up the task of tooling/marketing it, they could send me a pair. :P

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

I hope this blows up like the MEME thread. In for the LOLs.

Great idea tho. X2 on the sounds expensive part

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Looks like twice the mounting depth... But then again, if you're going this far out on buying a woofer I don't think making the box a little deeper would be a problem.

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

Could this be the making of the DC Audio Lv 7? lol

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Could this be the making of the DC Audio Lv 7? lol

or it might be the EMF ERMRGERD.

LOL

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

Archived