Second Skin Audio

subs don't hit lows

rambo.93

or maybe you should try and turn it around? unless the people who told u, own the exact same car they wouldnt be able to tell

Current Setup: , 2 Fi sp4 18s in a big ass flat wall tuned to 23hz, Pioneer 80prs, 2 Digital Designs m3bs strapped @ 2 ohms, Banda ICE2000, Crescendo 800.4, 4 PRV 10MR1000s,4 Mclaren MLT300 Super Tweeters Kinetik 2000 XS Power 2700 & XS Power 3100s.

so i dont think it really changed that much...i think it picked up the 25 hz a lil louder, but there is still a huge loudness drop at 35 and below.

EDIT: also....since they are 10's is that a problem? i feel like the subs themselves should be able to hit most of the bass in songs and that its the actual box tuning or maybe some internal problem with the amp.

Try facing it back. Facing it forward and not sealing it off could be effecting the bottom end. Won't know till you try.

Edit: didn't see you already tried. My bad.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Shouldnt the subsonic be set a little below the tuning of the box or the fs of the subs? Also what deck are you using and what settings on it?

Car: 2000 Ford Focus 4 door

HU: Kenwood KDC-X395

Front Highs: stock

Back Mids: Stock

Subs: Skar VVX-12 ( 1.79 f3 tuned to 32 hz)

Amp:Audiopipe APSM 1500 mini

Wiring: KnuKoncepts Kolossus 4awg

Box tuned high, you are not gonna hit the lows with those subs tuned that high, shoot for around 33hz with approx 13 in sq per cuft port area, this would enable you to hit both the lows, and also the higher freq. with reasonable authority.

Do you have any LPF/HPF/subsonic settings on your headunit?

Because it's not normal that nothing changes if you turn the subsonic and low pass. It should be very clear.

Facing forward and not sealing off usually is bad, because you get cancellation(which means waves destruct eachother instead of 'working' together to get more sound.)

The box isn't great, but it shouldn't be bad like that.( a bit too much port area for those subs)

Did you have this with a previous box? Where it would be alot quieter at 35hz?

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

If you're box is tuned at 35, of course output is going to drop off at freq. lower than that.. saying you tried a 25hz tone and didnt notice a difference, might be because you are trying to play way below what you're tuned at. You wanna play down loooow like that? You're tuned to high in my opinion.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

yea, i already tried facing them forwards and backwards...didnt change a whole lot.

and yea, i think so, but since i wasnt getting any low end i figured i would lower it all the way just to make sure i wasnt cancelling any lower frequencies.

and...

subwoofer control 1:normal, reversed, off Set at normal

subwoofer control 2: (50 hz, ~75 hz, ~90 hz, 125 hz) (bass -24 to +6) set at 125 hz and usually around -15

bass boost: 0-6 set at 2

loudness: off, low, medium, high set at high because it makes door speakers and subs sound way louder and cleaner

HPF: off, ~50hz, ~75, ~90, 12 set at 125 because it keeps the door speakers from playing any bass and rattling

SLA: 1,2,3,4 set at 4 cuz things get louder and clearer

Archived