Is there any benefit to shielded speaker wire?

wellington

Im 100% sure you won't notice it in your car. But if it's that cheap, why not? It looks interesting.

RCA's are a lot more important because the voltage going through them are alot lower, which makes it more prone to introducing noise and because the amp will amplify the noise.

Amplifiers don't remove noise, they just amplify it.(well atleast not the amps that most people use.)

I even doubt you'll even notice it in a SQ car.(atleast if the RCA's are well shielded and installed correctly.)

I have alternator whine so i tried quad shielded rcas. That didnt help.

Now im going to move the amp to the back and properly ground it on the battery (was going to do this eventually anyway)

So its either the amp, the ground, or the speaker wire.

Im hoping its the ground

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

Attention to Details

I understand that but i dont get how safety or serviceability applies to all of the things listed.

Not trying to talk bad about it (clearly a lot better than my install, lol)

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

cableguy is right.

For the everyday user, what you bought is very over kill imo. There's already so much static noise in the car audio realm, you'd most likely never notice the difference. You would have to go hifi everything. HU, RCA's, amps, processors ect...

In SQ competition ... The FIRST thing they listen for is QUIET !!! Surroundings, trun on, and 0 bit tracks ...

When you "crank up" 0 bit tracks, you would be susprised what you can hear when you are competiong against $100,000 systems like I do every year ... Not counting the headunit, I may have just over $ 4,000 tied up into my system ... Crazy huh ...

My "blow thru" enclosure automatically puts me in Super Modified classes ... so EVERY attention to detail to get that system quiet helps, because when they start playing those music tracks to where they listen to the mechanical cracks in a piano making music, you will be very glad you took those extra steps in deadning, tightning screws that extra turn, insullating wires so there will not be a question if you get ingress in your signal or not ... and for the most part, getting every ounce of "true dynamics and headroom" those amplifiers can muster ...

EDIT: just to give you a sample ... we kept hearing a slight hissing noise in my truck, and every other truck in out team with the same headunit as mine.

(Kenwood DNX9980HD) After several troubleshooting different vehicles at different times, we realised it was the headunit giving us trouble ... so we had to send $1,100 headunits to TIPS for factory repairs and upgrades ... Yes, it made THAT much of a difference !!!

Just saying ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

In SQ competition ... The FIRST thing they listen for is QUIET !!! Surroundings, trun on, and 0 bit tracks ...

When you "crank up" 0 bit tracks, you would be susprised what you can hear when you are competiong against $100,000 systems like I do every year ... Not counting the headunit, I may have just over $ 4,000 tied up into my system ... Crazy huh ...

My "blow thru" enclosure automatically puts me in Super Modified classes ... so EVERY attention to detail to get that system quiet helps, because when they start playing those music tracks to where they listen to the mechanical cracks in a piano making music, you will be very glad you took those extra steps in deadning, tightning screws that extra turn, insullating wires so there will not be a question if you get ingress in your signal or not ... and for the most part, getting every ounce of "true dynamics and headroom" those amplifiers can muster ...

EDIT: just to give you a sample ... we kept hearing a slight hissing noise in my truck, and every other truck in out team with the same headunit as mine.

(Kenwood DNX9980HD) After several troubleshooting different vehicles at different times, we realised it was the headunit giving us trouble ... so we had to send $1,100 headunits to TIPS for factory repairs and upgrades ... Yes, it made THAT much of a difference !!!

Just saying ...

Quiet environment is definitely key for a proper SQ system.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

thats why with my edge i am going to be putting in as much money is sound deadner as i am in the system almost haha ... when i sat is todds charger ( i think thats what the car was ) in the middle of scraping the coast and when you shut that door you heard nothing at all .... it blows your mind

• 4 weeks later...

Im 100% sure you won't notice it in your car. But if it's that cheap, why not? It looks interesting.

RCA's are a lot more important because the voltage going through them are alot lower, which makes it more prone to introducing noise and because the amp will amplify the noise.

Amplifiers don't remove noise, they just amplify it.(well atleast not the amps that most people use.)

I even doubt you'll even notice it in a SQ car.(atleast if the RCA's are well shielded and installed correctly.)

I have alternator whine so i tried quad shielded rcas. That didnt help.

Now im going to move the amp to the back and properly ground it on the battery (was going to do this eventually anyway)

So its either the amp, the ground, or the speaker wire.

Im hoping its the ground

head unit ground

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Archived