Second Skin Audio

What woofers next?

hondakid1996

your freq in that car is 39hz. as already said by Cleansierra, your box is wrong and i would go there first and learn how a box works how a cars res frequency works what an F3 of a box means and various other things that WILL help you create a proper box. Then I'd ditch Alpines (sq) line.

I know what an f3 is. Its the minus 3 db roll off of your box. I haven't modeled mine to see what it is. Can you please explain to me what's wrong with my box? Im actually curious what I did wrong.

I second tuning higher like say at about 34hz. Still can hit low loudly.

As far as port inches per, james is it a good rule of thumb to have less port inches per the lower you tune?

Like for 32-34hz would you give them say a 12-14 inches of port per?

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

I second tuning higher like say at about 34hz. Still can hit low loudly.

As far as port inches per, james is it a good rule of thumb to have less port inches per the lower you tune?

Like for 32-34hz would you give them say a 12-14 inches of port per?

I think for 33Hz and below, 12-14 is plenty per square foot.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Yeah something like that but do you know the reason?

Or is it sub dependent? Like say a kicker cvx 15 i heard both low(12inchesper) and high(16inchesper)

Ive done many kickers with 15 inches per and they played well but i always wondered what if i went 12 inches per with same tuning(33)

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

here's a video of what im working with. If you don't wanna hear me babbling just skip to the 6 minute mark. Like I said im open to opinions on a new box. I just might try a new design tuned around 32hz with around 13-14 square inches of port per cube. Tell me what ya think.

here's a video of what im working with. If you don't wanna hear me babbling just skip to the 6 minute mark. Like I said im open to opinions on a new box. I just might try a new design tuned around 32hz with around 13-14 square inches of port per cube. Tell me what ya think.

I think a new box tuned right where you are thinking is a great idea. I know that the Kickers like a ton of port area, so your area sounds pretty good to me. I just don't think, in your car, tuned that low, is at all ideal. Try a newer higher tuned box and find out what you've been missing.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

tuning higher will get you a bit more output and not lose much of the lows....if your resonant requency is 39hz as mentioned that is the area you would peak spl wise, so I would consider tuning to 33hz which is halfway between where you are now 28hz and 39hz...and keep your port at 15inches per cube

just my opinion

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Archived