DC Sound Lab

DC Tech Support - Tuning/setting gains/from scratch - Help me from start to finish thread

Thats better help.....

thank you guys... really.....

we are all where were at.....funds wise, and for some, it isnt changin really quick....... So, thank you.

EDIT - and a 0db tune for what? your subs? that would be even MORE conservative..

Edited by KyLar96

Another side note: I'm not going to try and use the whole 5K watts from the amp because I only plan on powering 2200W to each sub. So when I go to tune with the amp with the oscope for that square tip, I"m going to lower the gain enough so that I know that clip is gone for sure and then calculate to see how much power it's actually going to give the sub and lower the gain even more if I need to.

I'll wait for one of the DC's suggestion before swapping out that custom SSF mod.

Edited by moh.vze.com

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Using an Oscope is easy to use as a DD-1, I have done both.

For ease of use the DD-1 any day of the week, but it is nice to have a visual readout of what is really going on with an Oscope.

you want to use the max volume that keeps both the mids/highs amp and bass amp output signals clean. You also want to test the max volume unclipped from the HU.

And i would use -5db or roughly that for the sub amp.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

I wasn't trying to turn this into a tool vs tool thread.

I also have both. Multiples of both in fact. What I was trying to do was help/encourage a member that's dropped a good amount of money on his gear. Unlike some.

And atleast knows what he wants. Guess that is harder to do than I thought.

I am not a fan of the vellman scope. For me it just wasnt easy to use. I bought a TPI 440 Plus and loved it. I used it up until the DD1 came out. Now I only use it to see what kind of voltage I am seeing at the amp when I am using the DD1 to tune.

I have to go with the crowd here and recommend the DD1 and CC1 be used to tune everything. I know you said that you didnt want to buy anymore tools this year, but maybe make them a Christmas present to yourself.

Also, just tune the amp with a 0db or -5 db tone and you will be just fine. There is no way to calculate how much power the amp is going to actually put out. That is going to vary based on voltage and impedance rise.

Also, just tune the amp with a 0db or -5 db tone and you will be just fine. There is no way to calculate how much power the amp is going to actually put out. That is going to vary based on voltage and impedance rise.

Can't I just clamp test it and calculate to see how much power the amp is outputting?

I just spent $100 on that clamp tester

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs