Sonic Electronix

Is their something I should look for or a specific brand of flash drive to get the best music quality out of it? I've heard about the format having something to do with it but never got much into that.

I have a Corsair 32gb stick. Love that thing. It's got a nice rubber coat too wish makes it pretty shock resistant. Don't think the quality varies at all for USB drives. I'd try getting a USB 3.0 stick though.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Quality varies a little bit.

You can tell just by the material usually.

Most of the major brands all have good stuff.

As most things, the unknown brands are usually junk

As far as quality goes, it's just data. That;s like asking if you can hear music better through an IDE HDD vs a SATA HDD or with 5400 RPM vs 7200 or 10000 or something like that.

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

Encoding is what is gonna determine quality not the drive itself, I use SanDisk Cruzers they are amazing drives the ones I have both have survived multiple trips in the washer and dryer. I also have a Corsair 16gb Survivor drive, that is a badass drive. Also the speed 2.0 vs 3.0 you are not going to notice anything while in your vehicle, however the transfer speed when loading music onto it will be faster with a 3.0 drive if you have a 3.0 port on your computer.

Retired from SPL again....

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder

i usually use the tiny usb sticks, but from time to time a SD card reader...it works nice too

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

Between my 16gb to my 64gb flash drive, the bigger one is a lot slower. I'd keep that in mind when considering size.

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

Stay away from el cheapo flash drives. I had major issues with verbatim. I had three different styles of that brand. Would corrupt data constantly. I thought it was my computer, but then I switched to sandisk.

This is a flash drive I am going to get here soon. Nice and short so that they won't get bumped while in the HU

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Cruzer-Flash-Drive-SDCZ33-032G-B35/dp/B00812F7O8/?ref=pd_sim_e_1&tag=gmgamzn-20

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Archived