A while back I did a install on a 69 camaro for my neighbors kid. Had all kinds of troubles along the way with the owners changing their minds a lot but it came out fairly nice I think. Utilized the spare tire space for a sealed sub box...completely fiberglass shell with mdf top. Cut out the font doors for a 3 way set up, wasn't able to remove the factory deck due to the owners but they still wanted a double din in there (which got scratched 2 days after I finished the car). I also made brackets to put some 4" coax's to attatch in the front racing seats firing to the rear seats. It actually worked very well, removed the rear 6x9s to let some sound come through since once again I couldn't cut any holes. The rear view mirror and x9 covers didn't last long at all lol. After lots of troubles, last minute changes and severe micromanaging by the owner it ended up sounding real nice. I'll let the pix do the talking, didn't take any during the build but 2, the rest were taken over a month later hence all the dust. Enjoy!

20121213_154622.jpg

20121213_154604.jpg

20121213_154509.jpg

Pioneer double din, stinger vm and switches for trunk and seat led's

20121213_154500.jpg

Carbon fiber gauge bezel

20121213_154440.jpg

4" coax in the front seats firing back

20121213_154102.jpg

Seat speaker brackets I made

facebook95-2118460175.jpg

3 way set up I put in the front doors...crossovers are in the kick

20121213_154007.jpg

All knukonceptz and cadence wire

20121213_154016.jpg

Crate 350

20121213_154131.jpg

IPod and headphone cables into the glovebox

20121213_154115.jpg

Still complete access to ash tray, once again sorry for all the dust. Owner dost care much about the car

20121213_154152.jpg

Factory 6x9 location, removed them to help sound come through

20121213_154228.jpg

20121213_154238.jpg

Rear coax speakers are on a switch and only on when the trunk is open and they are wanted

facebook951679701106.jpg

Looks good, sounds great. Very happy with how it came out

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Thanks...kinda disappointing that the car just sits jn a garage 24/7 but at least it has a damn good system. Was my first attempt with a 3 way set up too, it sounds fantastic and is completely hidden when the front door panels are on

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Looking good

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

A double din in that car would be tricky, unless you got aggressive like I did :D

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

With as much metal as I cut out of the doors and area behind the rear seats I was ready for it. I know the install isn't perfect but I think I did pretty damn good, would have been nice if I didn't get screwed on payment tho

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

With as much metal as I cut out of the doors and area behind the rear seats I was ready for it. I know the install isn't perfect but I think I did pretty damn good, would have been nice if I didn't get screwed on payment tho

What is this?

That sucks. It's one thing if the customer is difficult, it's another when they scam ya. Sorry to hear that.

Archived