Sad Sad Day! Ns-1 went up in smoke... Alt is Fried :(

Sounds like a voltage spike. Did you fused the power wires to your

amp? I know most people skip this step. These are the consequences.

Thank god your amp is under warranty. Good luck on the alt..

X

a fuse would NOT have stopped this.

Why not??

MY BUILD LOG>>>> NAH I BETTER NOT..

why?

a voltage spike threw a fuse will not do shit.

higher voltage less amps

it probly spiked for less then a second also, fuses USUALLY dont blow that quick

Ive been telling this to people all weekend... PLUS this amp can run on 18v setups... many do it.. and it should have shut off from the protect circuit which is triggered at 19v... if a "voltage spike" was the case

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.

I lost my kicker zx1500.1 amp like 8 months ago, no clue why, blew some mosfets in it, and my mechman alt went out like 4 months ago, but was still under warrenty, the weird thing was when it went I wasnt even doing anything, had no music on, the regulator gave out :/ but they repaired it for free luckily

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

Did the alt still work and was just hella noisy or was the direction you showed it no moving the way it does in the car?

Go over everything with a fine tooth comb. Check resistance on the grounds, check all batteries interdependently check that none of your runs are shorting out (damaged), and anything else you can think of. The last thing you want is to smoke the repaired one when you hook it back up :(

@Fuses: Yea most of us run them, but even if you dead short it, it is gonna take a bit to blow, it is not instant with big fuses and more than likely your amp will blow before the fuse. The idea of a fuse is to keep your car from catching on fire.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Did the alt still work and was just hella noisy or was the direction you showed it no moving the way it does in the car?

Go over everything with a fine tooth comb. Check resistance on the grounds, check all batteries interdependently check that none of your runs are shorting out (damaged), and anything else you can think of. The last thing you want is to smoke the repaired one when you hook it back up :(

@Fuses: Yea most of us run them, but even if you dead short it, it is gonna take a bit to blow, it is not instant with big fuses and more than likely your amp will blow before the fuse. The idea of a fuse is to keep your car from catching on fire.

The way it actually was spinning in the video is the way it spins in the car... but listen closely its bad.. haha i was just pissed off and was spinning it in the other direction. Everything else checks out fine.. my highs amp plays fine.. stock alt is back on so at least i can drive the car... i pulled the plate for my amp rack and nothing is loose or damaged. (wire wise)

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.

I had a voltage regulator in my Alt die one time, My optima redtop was bubbling. Voltage was showing 18.5v at idle. didnt lose any audio equipment. Just the alt and the battery

Archived