Official "What did you do to your ride today" thread

I thought you were supposed to fuse for the wire not the amp? I Could be wrong..

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

I thought you were supposed to fuse for the wire not the amp? I Could be wrong..

Your right, you fuse to the wires rating so if it shorts for any reason, the fuse pops before the wire melts or catches on fire. The amp should have it's own internal fusing for its own protection.

Yeah the amp has quad 40 fuses

I just used the fuse that was in the fuse holder when I got it. Should I lower it?

Seeing as the amp has 160 total, I think a 150 amp fuse would be ok?

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

Yeah the amp has quad 40 fuses

I just used the fuse that was in the fuse holder when I got it. Should I lower it?

Seeing as the amp has 160 total, I think a 150 amp fuse would be ok?

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

If its a 4gauge OFC wire, 150 sounds about right. I know there was a guide on here somewhere that said what the ratings were for various wires. Maybe was a pinned topic in the electrical section?

Tinted front windows darker

CameraZOOM-20130103100921468.jpg

Quite reflective, sir.You got lax tinting laws over in the Carolinas or just badassery?

Umm it's definitely under the limit... Been trying to get a prescription to tint the windshield. I had a concussion awhile ago though haha. I just did it for security purposes I don't like when people can see the touchscreen head unit just by walking by. I had 20% gila before lol it was very blue. This is llumar metallic 5%. I usually when its warm out cruise with the windows down so hopefully I won't have any problems.

Sealed off my trunk today. lots of work with my 15" rockford sub firing up, and ports into the cabin :good:

2000 Chevy Malibu

2 Skar audio vvx 15 v2's

7 cu ft box after displacement tuned at 28hz

AudioQue 2200D

Rockford Fosgate PBR 300x4

Alpine CDE-147BT

2x Pioneer components

Shca 1/0 & 12 gauge speaker wire

1 XS Power S975 up front, and 2 XS power XP 950's in back

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/178458-2000-malibu-build-2-skar-vvx-15-v2s-aq-2200d/?p=2634433

Cleaned all my school stuff from last semester out and found a bunch of tools while doing it. A couple quarter inch drive sockets, a 3/8s wobble socket for an impact, a digital tire pressure gauge, and a tire iron.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Picked up a group 31 battery at Napa today for $110

Not the nicest thing out there, but it should do plenty good as a replacement starter battery for my mom's car

S__0D2B_zps0a6a1d18.jpg

Archived