Official "What did you do to your ride today" thread

Laid out some plans with my mechanic.

We decided that if I go one pulley bigger on the blower, dropping boost from 9lbs to 8.5lbs, we could install the longtubes. Id only lose 10whp on the boost drop, but then gain 25whp with the LTs and retune. So power will only be slightly higher, but the motor will breath WAY better.

Only thing though is the LOUD factor. Longtubes, no cats, x-pipe, and it already has no mufflers. Shit would be ridiculous.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

You should gain some low end torque with the long tube's too.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Got in contact with a few different engine builders today. Waiting for quotes.

Got my first detailed quote today. $10,996.98 plus $989.73 tax plus $1,000 labor. Not to mention odds and eds that will likely come up. This is for an engine that can handle the boost to make 750whp on 91 octane without detonating. Half the engine price is for the custom heads, and the cams will be custom ground as well. Little more than I want to spend, we'll see what the others say.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Got in contact with a few different engine builders today. Waiting for quotes.

Got my first detailed quote today. $10,996.98 plus $989.73 tax plus $1,000 labor. Not to mention odds and eds that will likely come up. This is for an engine that can handle the boost to make 750whp on 91 octane without detonating. Half the engine price is for the custom heads, and the cams will be custom ground as well. Little more than I want to spend, we'll see what the others say.

honestly not a terribly awful price.

I know it's a bit of a ways out for you, but IMO it'd be worth a call or a few emails to speak with HPP Racing out of Lewisville, TX. Some SERIOUS power daily driven mod motor cars coming out of that shop.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

if I didn't want to buy a RZR at the end of the year and pay my truck off, I'd be all over that kenne belle... S/C'ed towpig would be fun :)

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Archived