DD-1 settings on CD vs MP3 on ipod question

So I tuned the system in my 350z with a DD-1 using the provided CD it came with. My ipod had died so I have been playing mp3's from the cd player. I just replaced my ipod with an Itouch. When I play the same songs on the touch that I was playing on the CD's the music is not as loud. Do i need to convert the files on the dd-1 cd to mp3 and retune using the Itouch??

make sure the ipod touch isnt using any sort of equalization, or "loudness equalization" or "sound check" or "volume limit"

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

One thing I noticed about ipod touches is that their volume level is a lot lower than other models such as the nano. I noticed this clearly using headphones when listening to them, the nano got louder than the touch and it was obvious. Idk if this could affect the playback on a H/U though.

1898070_635754349830843_1457278514_n_zps

I left it at default settings and just copied the files to the touch. The format is MP3 for both the CD and the Touch. The touch is using the full speed cable, not a usb port on the front of the CD player. I will have to check for the "loudness equalization" or "sound check" or "volume limit". It's still sounds clear at the same volume setting. Just quieter. With the cd volume setting was 22/35. with the touch it sounds like the volume is at 17/35 even though its at 22/35. I am running an Alpine DVA 9861

Just to add to Apple pissing me off. Could it be the newer IOS on the touch? I dont remember this problem with the old Nano ipod. THis goes along with what slayer1805 is stating.

Edited by Smoove

I used to use an iPhone for my music tune it with the track on the phone then I got a iPod classic amd I noticed a different sound bass would hit harder and sound better so I retune it with the track on my iPod

I downloaded the tracks from the d'amore website

Sounds like testing with a classic Nano are coming.If I don't like the results, than download the files and do a retune from the Itouch.

if your using the aux port on the ipod touch just remember that it clips too, so you have to find its max distortion level. personally i'd just up the volume on the HU.

it sounds like you know your system, so you know what your distortion point is.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

I use the Alpine "Full speed" cable to connect the Touch and same cable was used for my old Nano . KCE-422i IPOD CABLE. I will play with it this weekend and if the distortion kiccks in at the same place.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/251111940418?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar