I hate to hear all of that brother. And if it makes you feel any better about your sub failure... they stole my truck last week and got ALL of my gear. Well, not the mids or the alternator. But they did fuck up one door speaker trying to pry it out with a screwdriver.

I did get the truck back though. :-)

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Damn man that really sucks..... Maybe take a break from the audio thing for a while, get some peace of mind back, ease your mind, handle the GF thing (hope that's all she was doing with her ex?) and maybe even save up some money.

Keep us updated if ya can, I know you were having some health issues as well.... Good luck with everything.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

looking awesome :) I like your amp rack idea I don't have a amp rack in my suv yet to the point not sure how to place it. but this is what I like to try and do may be in the summer time. thanks for showing your build :) keep up the great work.

I hate to hear all of that brother. And if it makes you feel any better about your sub failure... they stole my truck last week and got ALL of my gear. Well, not the mids or the alternator. But they did fuck up one door speaker trying to pry it out with a screwdriver.

I did get the truck back though. :-)

Yeah it sucks, but I'm gonna recone it and try to make it better, more money that I don't have but I fucking need my bass! But thank you for making me feel better.

That is fucked dude, maybe you should pay for me to fly down there and I'll find the guys and ice them for ya, nobody will know who did it.

Glad you got the truck back, but sorry to hear those scumbags fucked it up and stole your shit.

Damn man that really sucks..... Maybe take a break from the audio thing for a while, get some peace of mind back, ease your mind, handle the GF thing (hope that's all she was doing with her ex?) and maybe even save up some money.

Keep us updated if ya can, I know you were having some health issues as well.... Good luck with everything.

Well gf thing is handled, bitch is kicked to the curb and I got my $1200 ring and keys back from her on the spot, dude's lucky I didn't break down the door and collapse his throat. She's been cheating on me for quite some time now, and I just didn't want to see the obvious signs, and it wasn't just her ex, I know of a 41 year old man that she was fucking around with while she was still living with me. The more each day passes the more I find out of her treachery, and it disgusts me.

Health issues basically handled except for the insomnia, need new prescription again cause everything they put me on makes it hard to wake up from.

I really appreciate your concern though, thank you, and I gotta check in on your build, hope all is going better this time around

looking awesome :) I like your amp rack idea I don't have a amp rack in my suv yet to the point not sure how to place it. but this is what I like to try and do may be in the summer time. thanks for showing your build :) keep up the great work.

Thank you sir! wish I could say my shit still plays, lol. Glad I could give you some inspiration, and good luck on your build!

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

So turns out the coil got so hot the epoxy melted off and the coil unwound itself. Anyone ever see this happen?

20131124_184048_zpsaf217a4e.jpg

Like A slinky, was wrapped tight around the motor slug

20131124_184054_zpsc4c53c7b.jpg

Finally out of there

20131124_184101_zpsae6508cb.jpg

Now cleaned up and ready for a recone

20131124_195702_zpscf6ed443.jpg

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

Stock rear speakers

Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

Wow man, talk about bad luck with that woofer. Hope you can get a recone and be up and playing soon. Hope things start to look up for you soon, man.

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Wow man, talk about bad luck with that woofer. Hope you can get a recone and be up and playing soon. Hope things start to look up for you soon, man.

Me too, thank you man. Looking into a few options before I settle on a recone

Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

Stock rear speakers

Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

Wow man... WTAF happened? Was you clippin that bish?

Mebbe just a lil bit?

Wow man... WTAF happened? Was you clippin that bish?

Mebbe just a lil bit?

Lol, mebbe. I had my sa-12 on the same setting but at 2 ohms and never had that problem, wired to 1 ohm all of a sudden it's a problem apparently, lol. I even got another Optima yellowtop installed, just forgot to take pics.

Still I've never seen one unwind like that, I've seen them short and the wire separated, not the epoxy melted almost all of the way off the coil. Talk about stink, thing still smells, ugh

Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

Stock rear speakers

Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

That's what makes me think it was all about clipping. The sub didn't give up because it couldn't handle the power, it gave up cause it couldn't shed the heat quickly enough. So unless you plugged up it's bunghole, my diagnoses is death by flat waves. ;-)

Archived