New Eyefinity PC Build Coming Soon - Thoughts?

I'm building myself a new computer within the next week or so, pretty much just to play Farcry 3, among other games which look good. It's going to be an Eyefinity build. I had a setup before with 3x 22" Dell screens (Not Full HD, but still nice). I miss it allot and want to re-live the experience of having 3 screens.

Nothing's 100% yet but this is what I'm thinking:

CPU: AMD FX 3.4-3.8 Quad Core (PC is purely for gaming so 6,8 core CPU's aren't necessary)

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD5

Graphics: 3x GIGABYTE Radeon HD5870's ( I already have 2, and was going to get a third used from eBay)

RAM: Roughly 6-8GB Corsair 1600MHz

Power Supply: 1000w+ Corsair, Antec etc.

So with that I plan to run three Asus 24" Full HD LED Displays at 1920x1080 and be able to run Farcry 3 at full settings.

(Old Car) 1995 Volkswagon Golf MK3 2.0L:

Fi SP4 18 On A DC Audio 3.5K In A PWK Box

Hertz DSK 6" Speakers, Clarion HU

3x Fullriver 120aH AGM's, 225A Alt

2012 Subaru BRZ:

Audison Prima APK 163

Bit One, Rockford Amps, Audison Sub

more ram and more processor to be honest. if im doing a gaming build I want as much of both as I can throw behind it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Keep in mind this is purely for gaming, what do you think? I'd say 8GB would be enough for gaming. Also 6 cores would be as much I would go for since most games aren't able to use any more than 4 cores usually. I could go for a six core though Farcry 3 being a new game would probably be able to make use of it.

2012 Subaru BRZ:

Audison Prima APK 163

i would look i5 or above for an intel and whatever AMD has for its top of the line comparison. I know they put out their bulldozer or what ever it was which was 8 cores. Id think the bottom line would be 8gb of ram for gaming. Sure your video cards are going to do alot of work but my desktop now is more powerful than what you are designing minus video cards and i wouldnt want to game on it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

hmm, I'm pretty set on going the AMD road, since AMD Graphics, AMD Processor. Maybe a 3.8GHz 6-Core, I was planning on water cooling so I could OC to 4GHz. Also lets say 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM and I shouyld be set. With that I'd hope to get the framerate's I want.

2012 Subaru BRZ:

Audison Prima APK 163

FarCry 3 is dope as hell on 3 monitors....i have been playing it on 3 27's with 2 GTX 580's in SLI - 16gb of ram.

I am with N8. Try to do 16 if you can. Shit is DIRT cheap bro.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Yeah, I can pretty easily max out 8gb just doing stuff at work, I do have my pagefile turned off though.

I have 24 GB @1600 on my home gaming machine, and I dont think I have a computer in my house with less than 8. Its SO cheap to do 16 gig, but if you want the WOW factor, go 32 or above. I think a 32 gb kit is like 180ish.

AMD's bulldozer was dissapointing to say the least, it still doesnt stack up to pretty much anything intel has in the same price range. Especially if you're overclocking.

If you're going intel go with the new Z77 chipset, the southbridge supports SATA3 and TRIM in RAID. With 2 SSD's in raid 0 you're looking at sustained read speeds of over 1000meg/sec.

I dont keep up much with ATI cards, how well does crossfire scale on 3 cards?

If you are looking at building a gaming rig with multiple monitors and wanting to run high resolution the best way to make sure you get the FPS and "Smoothness" that you want will be the amount of physical ram you have on your video cards... The reason you would want to move up from a 4 core to a 6 core would be to combat bottle necking because you will be using so much memory on the cards themselves then it will dump the rest to your computer ram. I would go with everyone and go with 12 gigs or more with ram because you want to have plenty of head room as windows automatically starts compressing itself when 75% of physical ram is taken up, which will result in rougher game play.

I would diffidently go with SSD hard drives if your not already, that is one area many gamers overlook.

I have went with AMD gaming rigs for 12 years and have loved them! My dad switched to Intel 2 years ago and I am not a fan of it. Also for the price point AMD is hard to go wrong if your just using it for gaming. If you are folding numbers and over clocking then Intel would be for you.

Building an Empire.

OP, Don't buy that AMD CPU, a basic i5 will destroy it (More cores doesn't matter, the architecture is better with intel)

You can easily do 4 ghz on air with the right cooler

Don't use those 5870's unless you are absolutely dead set on it

The new 7850 is about 10-30% faster in most applications, has something like 300 more cores, runs cooler, and has actual DX11 support

You don't need more than 4gb of ram, but it's so cheap right now, you might as well buy as much as you can

you might also want to go... a little bit higher than 1000W for the power supply... those 5870s eat power

2005 VW Jetta TDIStock headunit(2) Sundown Audio E-15s @ 35hzPower Acoustik BAMF 1250.2 (will be replaced with Cadence mono)GTMat 50mil Sound Dampener

http://natsurutech.blogspot.com/

Archived