looking to buy first quad...any advice?

so im looking to buy a used 4x4 4 wheeler. something I can lift, snorkel and all that and play in the mud. ive never owned a quad so im looking for any advice I may need. what brands would yall suggest? ive been looking at Kawasaki brute force and Yamaha grizzly mainly.. is there anything else I should know?

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

• 2 weeks later...

Ive owned a brute force 750... bad mofo right there. Out of the box stock it was faster than my piped and jetted z400. Can wheelie a brute force for days effortlessly. More than enough power to do anything you could ever imagine. Do the scheduled maintenance and itll last you a long time. I ended up having a dyna cdi box, aftermarket air filter and some 26 inch itp mudlites on it. Was a monster, went through everything with ease. Its a lil bit of a big heavy pig at slow speeds, and the independent rea suspension definitely allows a lot more "body roll" then I was used to coming off a sport quad, but its easy to get used to. go easy with the throttle thumb the first few times you take it out if youre not an experienced rider. 2 days into having his BF, my bro in law flipped it and broke his arm cause he stabbed the throttle on pavement and it stood straight up and right back onto him. Lol.

Only issues I ever had with mine were that it like to break rear sway bar links on occaision, and if you wheelie it to far, oil comes out the crank vent, which vented into the airbox, which would make it smoke real bad for a cpl seconds after you set her back down..

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Side by Side

Polaris RZRs

They are all over used, with low hours. First buyer takes the initial sting of depreciaion.

Fast as fuck stock, and has after market shit for 3 life times. From HID kits, to monster TURBO's. Its all out there.

Put some paddles on it, and hit PISMO or St. Anthony for days......

Roll it,.... meh, roll it back over and take off......

But, they are pricey.....

I have a Kawasaki Brute Force 750 and it hasn't giving me any problems. I have only had to do the maintenance on it and brake pads but other than that, they are pretty solid. Check it out.

87782c3d5a15_zpsf7049880.jpg

Have you ever taken it in mud ?

The brute force 750 is SICK... My grandfather has one... It would give my banshee a run for the money... Off the line that bastard would get me but when i hit 2nd gear it was on like donkey kong

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

I def like the brute force the look sick. I wil most likely go with one, either a 650 or 750. prob in a few months. I just bought a 2008 klx 110 to play around with for now, thanks for the replies guys!

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

• 2 months later...

i have an 09 brute force 750 lifted on 31" outlaws, all the brands are good now a days, but if you want a used cheap quad.. personally i'd look into a Polaris 500 or an older Brute 650.. both very reliable and cheap to find. throw some 27-28's on it, good to go.

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!

Side by Side

Polaris RZRs

They are all over used, with low hours. First buyer takes the initial sting of depreciaion.

Fast as fuck stock, and has after market shit for 3 life times. From HID kits, to monster TURBO's. Its all out there.

Put some paddles on it, and hit PISMO or St. Anthony for days......

Roll it,.... meh, roll it back over and take off......

But, they are pricey.....

My buddy has one. They are just stoopid. I was shitting myself the whole time I was riding with him. (minor) Jumps, quick turns, mud, and climbing. Couldn't grip the OS handle tighter.

Went to a Polaris dealership's open house near me. Watch some modded ones race. They were insane. Then some four wheelers came out and they were so slow compared to the RZRs

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Archived