Whats a good deep cycle charger ?

Ok I spent a little time going thru the forum and my findings were that Schumacher chargers are not good for AGM's / Deep Cycle Batts. and that the Battery Tender Plus is king for chargers under $100 that is. I think its kinda funny the Schumacher chargers look really nice but I read waaay too many stories of them going over 15V which is very bad for AGM / Deep Cycle.

Soooo, would I be doing the right thing by getting the Battery Tender Plus then? :)

My Schumacher charger has an agm/gell cell option that keeps it around 14.5 at all times and doesn't fluctuate. Its not XS power but it serves its purpose well.

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

That XS Charger is a little too much for me - Man that CTEK 7002 sounds great from the video I seen on YT. I think I just might go with that instead of the Battery Tender 5A... only thing that bothers me is that in the video they said that there is a deep cycle mode for restoring highly discharged batts and it does it at around 15.9V - I thought we not suppose to go above 14.4 on deep cycle??

I still believe ctek knows what they are doing even at 15.9v lol ...

the 15.9v thing is an attempt at trying to design a desulphator into the charger. Lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived