I will pay someone to do this correctly...

YellowC4S

My input... In cars like ours (I own a MKV Jetta), the 4 way active setup is the way to go. I'm also using hertz components, and adding in the extra 4" driver was great bc I was able to raise my tweeters xover to 4k. The 4" plays 4k-1k, and the 6.5 plays 80-1k. The rest I let the sub handle.

I also ditched my factory head unit after I read that the CAN-BUS system in our cars are constantly trying modify the sound coming out of the head unit in an attempt to prevent clipping and damaging the factory system. It makes sense for people keeping the factory lame-ass stereo, but you're not. You've already ditched the factory speakers which is good, why not spend the money on the source unit? It will make heaps and heaps of difference in the sound. The factory head units are just as garbage as the factory drivers in these cars. I think you'll be very happy with a new unit.

Overall I really like your gear and setup. i know how much of a pita it is to install crap in these cars, and I really like the APR Carbonio intake as well. Best of luck whatever you decide to do.

Source: Parrot Asteroid Smart

Processor: Digital Designs X1

Amps: Soundstream Ref 4.920 + Soundstream Ref 4.400 + Soundstream DTR 3400

Front stage: Hertz 165xl + HL 70 + HT28

Rear fill: Hertz 165xl

Subs: 2 SA-12's

3-way active ftw

My input... In cars like ours (I own a MKV Jetta), the 4 way active setup is the way to go. I'm also using hertz components, and adding in the extra 4" driver was great bc I was able to raise my tweeters xover to 4k. The 4" plays 4k-1k, and the 6.5 plays 80-1k. The rest I let the sub handle.

I also ditched my factory head unit after I read that the CAN-BUS system in our cars are constantly trying modify the sound coming out of the head unit in an attempt to prevent clipping and damaging the factory system. It makes sense for people keeping the factory lame-ass stereo, but you're not. You've already ditched the factory speakers which is good, why not spend the money on the source unit? It will make heaps and heaps of difference in the sound. The factory head units are just as garbage as the factory drivers in these cars. I think you'll be very happy with a new unit.

Overall I really like your gear and setup. i know how much of a pita it is to install crap in these cars, and I really like the APR Carbonio intake as well. Best of luck whatever you decide to do.

I have considered this very Idea lately. Losing the rears and going 3-way active in front. I would leave the woofer in the stock location and build some kind of spherical mid/tweeter array in the A-pillars. I have the Autobahn model which came with Dynaudio divers/amp. My first impressions were that the drivers were just underpowered. These suspicions were confirmed when I changed every thing out and used the Zuki amps. I took speaker level out from the factory amp to the BitOne and it sounded great. Having done a Dynaudio System 360 in my Audi A4, I knew about Dynaudio but I was totally astounded by the sound of the factory drivers. VW had the factory tweets x-ed over at 700Hz and the woofers had usable output down to 40Hz and by doing this I totally avoided any CAN BUS issues. Right now, I have two sets of RCA spliced into the leads coming off the factory RNS-315 HU for a CLEAN line level input going to the BitOne. The speaker leads are terminated at the factory amp which is still connected to the HU so again, no CAN BUS issues. I can control balance/fader/tone from the HU. If I hadn't had the problems with the BitOne/Zuki/Dynaudio drivers, those Dynaudio's would still be in there because, and I cannot stress this enough, when fed some power those Dyns can SING.

You should really come see me if presicision cant do the tune for you.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Im currently ripping out a dyn setup from a 2013 CC

Replacing with mille 2way

Voce amp AVin

active with bit10D

I am more than capable if you are willing to drive.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

I have considered this very Idea lately. Losing the rears and going 3-way active in front. I would leave the woofer in the stock location and build some kind of spherical mid/tweeter array in the A-pillars. I have the Autobahn model which came with Dynaudio divers/amp. My first impressions were that the drivers were just underpowered. These suspicions were confirmed when I changed every thing out and used the Zuki amps. I took speaker level out from the factory amp to the BitOne and it sounded great. Having done a Dynaudio System 360 in my Audi A4, I knew about Dynaudio but I was totally astounded by the sound of the factory drivers. VW had the factory tweets x-ed over at 700Hz and the woofers had usable output down to 40Hz and by doing this I totally avoided any CAN BUS issues. Right now, I have two sets of RCA spliced into the leads coming off the factory RNS-315 HU for a CLEAN line level input going to the BitOne. The speaker leads are terminated at the factory amp which is still connected to the HU so again, no CAN BUS issues. I can control balance/fader/tone from the HU. If I hadn't had the problems with the BitOne/Zuki/Dynaudio drivers, those Dynaudio's would still be in there because, and I cannot stress this enough, when fed some power those Dyns can SING.

Interesting, didn't realize that VW was putting Dynaudio drivers in their cars nowadays. That's good stuff! I still think you'd be better off building the system from scratch rather than trying to piece together hi/lo converters and integrate some of these OEM parts with your aftermarket equipment.

As for going 3 way front, you can fit a 4-5" driver right inside the door panels. They actually have a spot where you can mount a speaker perfectly. IIRC, some VW's came with a speaker already here from the factory. That's where I currently have my 4" Hertz speakers mounted, and I really couldn't be happier. If you want to check out my build log, here you go.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150523-broncojetta-build-now-fully-active-soundstream-sundown-hertz-ab/

Source: Parrot Asteroid Smart

Processor: Digital Designs X1

Amps: Soundstream Ref 4.920 + Soundstream Ref 4.400 + Soundstream DTR 3400

Front stage: Hertz 165xl + HL 70 + HT28

Rear fill: Hertz 165xl

Subs: 2 SA-12's

3-way active ftw

Archived