I will pay someone to do this correctly...

YellowC4S

Hello all, my first post,

I have a 2012 Volkswagen GTI Autobahn and I have replaced the audio as follows:

Volkswagen RNS-315 Factory HU

Audison BitOne

Arc Audio 4200SE running Hertz MLK2 TW components active in stock locations (front)

Arc Audio 4200SE running Hertz MLK2 TW components active in stock locations (rear)

Arc Audio 2150SE running RE Audio SEX104 in sealed enclosure (1.1cuft) at 2 ohms

I have tried tuning the system myself. It sounds great I just don't like the staging or lack thereof. If there is anyone in S.E. Michigan or the Tri-State area who has the knowledge and tools to properly tune a system I would be happy to pay you.

Kevin

Could be the wiring. If the wiring is wrong on just one speaker or even a loose connection could give you issues. Speaker placement has a lot to do with staging to. Pics of speaker placement? The rear speakers could be pulling the sound stage back to. Try fading it to the front?

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I have tuned it using the BitTune. Unfortunately the instructions were in italian so I went by the pictures. From what I can tell, unlike the Imprint systems which determine everything for you, you have to set your own x-ver settings. In the front I have the tweets x-ed over hp @ 2250Hz (FS of 1100) 12dB Butterworth. Woofers are band-passed 50-2250Hz also 12dB Butterworth. Rear tweeters are band-passed 2250-7000Hz 12dB Butterworth and the rear woofers are band-passed 50-2250Hz 12dB Butterworth. Front drivers in factory locations, woofer bottom front corner of door, tweeter in a pillar, rears are factory locations woofer bottom/front rear doors and tweeter top/front of rear doors.

If the woofer can handle it raise them to about 3k-3.5k and the tweets to 3.5k-4k Hz. Also the mid bass speakers most x-over them from about 70hz so you could try raising that. They just aren't really made to handle the lower freq. Again though I know nothing about those speakers. I noticed my deh 80prs auto eq increases the lower frequently bass from miss trying to fill in the gap that the subs I don't currently have should be filling in. Your processor might be doing the same. Turn the auto equal off and try to get.it to.sound better with out it.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Im on the KN/TN border if you want to trek down here.

If not, where exactly are you and I will attempt to find you a tuner.

Be forewarned, expect to pay 800-1000 to do a complete tune.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

You will get tons of answers on this forum, but trust me.. Most of these guys have no idea the gear you have

Your crossover settings are a little off, but a tune is so much more than that.

By the way.who's bit tune did you use?

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Tuning can only do so much for staging, your install comes into play as well. You are using stock locations from your post and based on that alone, there is probably not much more tweaking your tuning can help. I would probably recommend looking at doing kick panels etc to improve the staging rather than spending money for someone to tune your car for only a small increase in sound quality. And most DIEHARD SQ guys would tell you to ditch the rear speakers as they are not used in most of your high end competitor cars, however if you like them by all means keep em :) .

Retired from SPL again....

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder

As many pictures of your vehicle's install would help ... I wouldn't "kill" your rear setup, but just run it about a 1/4 of the volume as your front stage ...

Also ... Time alignment is going to play alot in here as well

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

There is just way to much to sq to trouble shoot over a forum.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Archived