I will pay someone to do this correctly...

YellowC4S

Tuning can only do so much for staging, your install comes into play as well. You are using stock locations from your post and based on that alone, there is probably not much more tweaking your tuning can help. I would probably recommend looking at doing kick panels etc to improve the staging rather than spending money for someone to tune your car for only a small increase in sound quality. And most DIEHARD SQ guys would tell you to ditch the rear speakers as they are not used in most of your high end competitor cars, however if you like them by all means keep em :) .

I know about the rears...lol...I haven't done rears in so long. I'm thinking it would work with everything running active with a proper SQ tune. I have the rears -12dB from the fronts.

Kevin

The bitone has an 'auto' setup.

Have you tried it?

If so, is it really that bad?

the bitone does not have an auto setup.

bittune does "kinda" have one but you have to know what its telling you to do for even that to work.

On a separate note. Have you made sure your amps are full passed and that the processor is doing all of the processing? Crazy to see such nice equipment then that sub no offense but they are very far apart in quality.

Mille comp sets usually dont have a problem playing 50 but sound so much more snappy being raised from that point to 70-80. I just find they are for lack of a better word sloppier just letting them slap out the lower frequencies in a 2 way environment. When i went 3 way with the mille set it wasnt as noticable making them play a little lower but obviously the driver is going to sound better not having to play as many frequencies. Also with your cutoff you may as well be playing them as subs as 12db is a pretty soft cutoff point, and your sub should be playing up no problem.

Amps are running full range except for the sub amp because I have to use it's crossover. As far as frequency and slope go I have a choice of Butterworth or Linkwitz/Riley filters. I chose the Butterworth for it's warmer sound but if you think difference, let me know. Also what rolloff would you suggest? I listen mostly to jazz, both mainstream and smooth, R&B, Soul and some Classic Rock. I'm not really into the rap/hip hop, country or hard rock. I think that my real problem is that I am used to the sound of the

B&W 802D's that I have in my main listening room.

Kevin

i do listen to a bit of everything minus country. My thoughts as to crossovers are mainly based on the same exact speakers processor and grade amps i run in my own personal vehicle. I use audison amps but everything else is the same equipment in my jetta. On some music i love my midbass playing down as far as i can take them but on others "even the focal disc" hey just dont sound right when i just let them "wang" at 50 and below. from what ive read so far have you went in and tryed your own time alignment or seen what its doing on an RTA?

Archived